WHO signed my Mark V ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my old one had no sig or date on it...this one on the other hand has just an initial and is dated 10/2/09

siggy14 said:
all mesa's are signed or intialed, the older amps it is usually on the inside of the chassis

hmmm this MKV is older than my original

Just got my Mark V in today and it's signed by R.M. then the date... 9-X-10. I almost **** cause I saw the first initial R and thought it was Randal Smith. But dont know who R.M. is. Anyone else with these initials?

RM signed mine too. But in August.

I'm told only the best Mark V's have the RM signature on them. RM not only overflows with tone, he stands in the slop.

bird_droppings said:
RM signed mine too. But in August.

I'm told only the best Mark V's have the RM signature on them. RM not only overflows with tone, he stands in the slop.

LOL. well thats good to know. Hope its true. I know mine shines and roars like nothing I'v ever heard, I know that. And I thought this " Who signed yours' post was stupid until I got my own. Now Im in love with the Mark V tone.

siggy14 said:
all mesa's are signed or intialed, the older amps it is usually on the inside of the chassis

My Coli isn't signed, but it has a red initial "R", and it is dated though. Also have a DC5-B, no sig or initials.

My Coli isn't signed, but it has a red initial "R"

My Mark III "blue stripe" (obviously) has a blue stripe near the power cord. The previous owner had it modded by Mesa, and it has a red "R" and purple initials "MB", which I believe belong to Mike B. at Mesa. I checked out the work done and it looks like a standard mod was performed that basically changed it to a "red stripe" (a few cap values changed).

I'm *guessing* that's what the red "R" on my chassis means -- perhaps yours' also.

My blue stripe has never had any mods, I am the original owner, my guess is the red "R' means reverb, and yes the MB is Mike B.

Back