Who knows about the EV SRO speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterSG

Reaction score
I have had what some people call the "coffee can" SRO speaker for about 15 years or so. I've had it in a Thiele cab and took it out recently planning to mount it in a Fender Blues Deluxe (first year '93 amp with clear coat tweed, nice amp). I had been planning to do this for awhile and when I finally went to do it, **** if that huge coffee can size Alnico magnet wasn't too big. There is no way to mount that speaker in that amp. I know there was another version of the SRO with a different magnet shape--flatter more like the EVM 12L. Does that other SRO have a ceramic magnet or Alnico? I'm thinking it must be ceramic but not sure. How does it compare to the coffee can version? Also, what are the specs of the SRO? Wattage etc... Thanks.

I heard, saw EV SRO speakers, from what I heard about them Ted Nugent's guitar tech used to scrounge everywhere and anywhere to get them. They were Nugent's favorite speakers.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/

I just read that Electro-Voice is redesigning their web site to include ALL EV products, this probably means they will provide Electronic Data Sheets (EDS), manuals, Thiele cab builders plans etc. for old speakers in the future, too. Until that happens, bookmark the link above, it's the official place where all the good stuff is hidden.

Latest posts

Back