Who is your favorite guitarist?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesallicA said:
PAUL GILBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I forgot him. He came to the play were I bought my Boogie. It was the first time I heard of him, he started ripping on the guitar my jaw just hit the floor!

well im not really a huge fan of them but in current rock music Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold are the best guitarists to probably ever hit the TRL countdown.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9en-HxX0IMU&search=avenged%20sevenfold%20guitar%20solo

Man I forgot him. He came to the play were I bought my Boogie. It was the first time I heard of him, he started ripping on the guitar my jaw just hit the floor!

i am soooo jeleous! Paul is my hero! i even have his sig ibanez

did you get to chat with him?

Petrucci, followed not-so-closely by Vai and Morse.

I've been listening to and playing more bass recently, and my faves in that realm are LaRue, Sheehan, and Levin.

MesallicA said:

i am soooo jeleous! Paul is my hero! i even have his sig ibanez

did you get to chat with him?

Not for long. He was doing one of those guitar clinics. He was on break and I walk up to him, shook his hand, told him he has a new fan, me :D. He replied with wow thanks! and do you have the cure for hearing loss? I laughed replied no, but earplugs and headphones do wonders to prevent that. Yes they do but they make me look funny. I then said thanks and nice to meet you. We shook hands again and he walked back on stage...
I watched him play for a while but had to leave :(.

Ya, My favorite is probably Jimmy Page.. but currently my most influential is Jade Puget, he kinda has been ever since black sails :shock:

I'd have to say Curt Kirkwood, Adam Jones, Jerry Cantrell, Frank Zappa, and East Bay Ray.

Akira Takasaki(Loudness)
Timo Tolkki(Stratovarious)
Rex Carroll(Whitecross)
Yngwie Malmsteen
George Lynch
Tony Macalpine

as far as guitar "teams"
Leatherwolf
Stryper
Iron Maiden
Judas Preist
Racer X
220 Volt

how 'bout some love for the man who allowed us to be here today and gave this forum its name, Mr. Carlos Santana. Europa anyone?

after that, definately kirk and james, gilmour, clapton, mike einziger, bb king, stevie ray vaughn, i recently heard al dimeola (wow!), vai, page...yadda yadda, the usuals.

my new favorites are the guy that plays with britney spears and the new guitarist from ashley simpson. they f&*$#'n rip!

i recently heard al dimeola (wow!)

I had heard a litttle bit of al before, but just the otherday my friend lent me a tape of him to play in my car. HOLY FREAKIN SH!T he can outshred anyone, on an acoustic!!! :shock:

ty tabor (king's x)
eric johnson
andy timmons
david gilmour
steve morse
alex lifeson
tommy shaw
james young

Elpelotero said:
my new favorites are the guy that plays with britney spears and the new guitarist from ashley simpson. they f&*$#'n rip!
But I thought the guitarist that play in ashley simpson's band plays air-guitar like her lip-sync front person?
36_11_6.gif

^ Haha! good one.
I have a new one to add to my already big list. I just picked up Andy Timmons new album (Resolution), and I must say I really enjoy everything about the album and Andy's playing. Plus he plays Boogie...I had no clue... I'm loving his tone... :D

Elpelotero said:
how 'bout some love for the man who allowed us to be here today and gave this forum its name, Mr. Carlos Santana. Europa anyone?

I agree with you... Carlos really boogies.

The ones that come to mind right now, in no order:

Wes Montgomery
Pat Martino
Pat Metheny
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Johnson
Jimi Hendrix
John McLaughlin
Stephen Stills
Rod Fleeman
David Gilmour
Frank Zappa