Who is your Fav. mesa player/endorsee?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say Andy Timmons. His tone is punchy but still very clean. The Resolution record has by far the best guitar tones I've ever heard. Also, Petrucci, mainly for his tone at the very end of Wishful Thinking (the wierd overdriven improv section).

No question about it: Mark Morton and Willie Adler. Does any other player has such a distinguished tone? I mean, they play death metal and you can hear every tone they play. Listen to Cannibal corpse for some comparison.
One other thing i like about Morton and Adler is that they aren't afraid to turn the gain down. It makes the sound fater and clearer... right?

brian benoit and ben weinman of the Dillinger Escape Plan. great guitarists and definitely underrated.

For most in your face id have to say hands down Mark Morton, Willie Adler, and Pat O'brien amazingly aggressive players.

Andy Timmons is another, he's not quite in your face but he"ll rip your face off

Micheal Sweet & Oz Fox(Stryper)
Akira Takasaki(Loudness)
Timo Tolkki(Stratovarious)

you dont know who Dimebag is?he was the lead guitarist for the metal band Pantera and Damage Plan.he was murdered on DEC 8 2004 on stage by a mentaly diturbed fan.what a great loss to the metal comunity.

fbomb said:
you dont know who Dimebag is?he was the lead guitarist for the metal band Pantera and Damage Plan.he was murdered on DEC 8 2004 on stage by a mentaly diturbed fan.what a great loss to the metal comunity.

Yeah, but he didn't use Mesa Boogie. He used Randall and Krank.

sgtbaker said:
fbomb said:

Yeah, but he didn't use Mesa Boogie. He used Randall and Krank.

That's why i was wondering why his name was there...for EVH can't tell, eddie tried a multitude of things. But Dimebag (one of the greatest guitarists ever, RIP) especially preferered distortion from transistor amp for sure.

For my part the first who made me want to buy a mesa is James Hetfield. John Petrucci got a great sound too. But the first time i heard a mesa it was a mark I, what a powerful clean sound, even at high volume!

oops my bad,i read the post wrong.i dont think any of the guys i lister ever used Mesas,althourg Cantrell did i think

fbomb said:
oops my bad,i read the post wrong.i dont think any of the guys i lister ever used Mesas,although Cantrell did i think

Yes Cantrell used Mesa but he also uses other things. Thayil did that too, might have been a Seattle thing.

Latest posts

Back