Who here uses the G-System????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for G-System users and their opinions.

I'm trying to narrow it down for my effects setup and the G-System looks like the best candidate.

What do you guys think? I really like the Loop idea for other pedals, but probably wouldn't use them because I would be using a wah and an OD only, and they would be in front of the amp, whereas the G would be in the loop.

I have a G-Major that I love. Is the System that much better, or just that much more expensive???

i have one. the loops in the g are in front of the amps loop. its messy if you dont rackmount it (might still be messy, havent tried it) but it does its job and it does it well...no regrets

You'd put the od and the wah in loop 1-4. I have one as you might have guessed :lol:

But if you wanted you could have several od's and have the G sys switch them on and off. That is you make a preset to do so.

A brilliantly convenient gizmo.

Can't you assign the 4 loops to be anywhere you want? Either in front of the amp or after the amp loop.

Sing4LTS said:
Can't you assign the 4 loops to be anywhere you want? Either in front of the amp or after the amp loop.

No. The loops are infront of the preamp (as well as the compressor block and Filter effect block) with the four cable method or everything is after the preamp if you run the G system in the loop only ( 2 cable method ) You cannot assign the position of the effects in the loop.

Monsta-Tone said:
Looking for G-System users and their opinions.

I'm trying to narrow it down for my effects setup and the G-System looks like the best candidate.

What do you guys think? I really like the Loop idea for other pedals, but probably wouldn't use them because I would be using a wah and an OD only, and they would be in front of the amp, whereas the G would be in the loop.

I have a G-Major that I love. Is the System that much better, or just that much more expensive???

The G System works very well if you have an amp with a GOOD serial loop. I have had mine for nearly a year now and I doubt I could ever do without it now. The effects are top notch (especially delays and reverbs ) and the ability to use analog distortion/overdrive pedals is great. I use a different patch for every song and with one tap on the G system I get the amp channel, overdrive, effect, level I want. You can control the parameters of all the G System effects with expression pedals which is very handy. You should check out the G system Forum

if you havent already as it is a good resourse for information.

Good Luck

G System in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjZ1jUiAeA I have the Delay Mix controlled by the Expression Pedal in this patch...

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewforum.php?id=7

I acquired a G-system 2 weeks ago, and a Triaxis is due to arrive in a few days. Last in the rack is an Eventide Eclipse; everything will be switched using the MIDI PC messages sent from the G's user preset selects. Right now I am sending 4 outputs to a line mixer; the G in stereo and the Eclipse in stereo. So far everything's working great.

I am trying to decide where exactly to put the Triaxis, and whether to plug the guitar into the Triaxis' input, the G's input, or the G's Loop 1 Return. I have the option of putting the Triaxis in the G's loop (but with A/D-D/A conversion in front of the Tri), or (what I'm leaning toward) putting the G in the Triaxis' FX loop so that I can use the V5 tube to warm up the G's effects. Many many options to ponder in the next few days, I guess the ears will be the ultimate judge.

Latest posts

Back