Which Preamp Tubes Affect Which Channels & FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warhedf1

Reaction score
I've been playing my MK V for a while now and, today I started experimenting with preamp tubes as well as a nice old set of Boogie STR-415 6L6's. I've been playing the amp with Mullard EL-34's and a Jan Philips 5751 in the v1 socket for I'd say 90% of the time I've had the amp which is around 10 months.

Anyway, moving on. Today I tried one of my old Boogie STR 12ax7's in V1 AND I tried a couple different pre tubes in V7 as well. I could definitely tell a difference on the dirty side of the amp (ch 2 Crunch & ch 3 MkIV modes) and what I'd like to do is basically decongest the top end and mid range on Ch 3's modes.

So, I ask you. Which pre tubes correlate to which channels and which modes in the MkV? I realize there will be tubes that cascade (one into another) depending on which mode and channel your using. I also realize that one of the tubes will be a driver for the efx loop and another(?) perhaps for the reverb circuit. I just want to target each channel the best I can so I can do my work in stages and know what I'm affecting when I change tubes around.

Any inout I can get would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ray Mitchell

Thank you! I didn't recall seeing that in the manual that I downloaded.

Much appreciated!
Ray

from Mesa/Boogie Mark V manual :
mark+v.jpg

Latest posts

Back