which one???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cvansickle said:
This is my fave, been with me since March 1980. How fitting that it's soon to be the silver anniversary of my Silverburst!

G-LP001.jpg

Current pickups are Duncans, a 59 neck and Custom 5 bridge. I added the TP6 tailpiece in 1985, and a Groove Tubes Fathead in 1989. This guitar is a sustain monster, and sounds great with any high gain amp.

I have a friend who plays in a punk band in San Diego. His main guitar is an 80 Silverburst. He told me that if I ever found another one that was for sale, he'd buy it in a hot flash.

That's a seriously nice top on your Cobra, Jong! Is that a custom model, or is it a standard production model?

Robin, as far as I know it was just a standard production guitar. Actually the top is much more subdued, the flash makes the figure pop. Love the guitar though... it gets mean and clean like nothing else I own. Plus it is around 7 lbs and very easy to play.

It's typically one of these 3, depending on my mood. 8) My main guitar is the Carvin. I'm still waiting on my neck thru Eagle to come in, I think it will join my top 2 at least right away when it arrives.

Picture006.jpg

Latest posts

Back