which od/distortio pedal do you run in front of your Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when I only had a Deluxe Reverb, I used several dirt pedals. My main pedal was a Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet II. This is one of the absolute best TS-type pedals, great for using with a clean amp for low to mid gain applications. Now that I have my Electra Dyne, the only dirt pedals I use are a TS-9 in front for adding sustain and gain to the Blue and Red modes and a clean boost in the loop simply to make the amp louder for solos. Also in the loop I have a Line 6 DL-4 delay and a cheap chorus pedal. The chorus pedal makes some weird noises, so I'm either going to put it in front, or just remove it from my board. I don't ever use it anyway.

None at all. My main reason for starting to use Boogies was for their stand-alone sound. Never used any OD pedals ever since buying my first Triple Rec. I honestly could never find any pedals I really really liked prior to that anyhow. I recall using a couple different Boss pedals though... DS-1 wasn't bad (I still have it somewhere in case I need a pedal)... I don't remember loving SD-1... along with an army of really cheap Danelectros.

I'm really curious about trying those Mesa EQ and Drive pedals they have out now.

I use a Zendrive and a Flux Drive in front of my Express. I set both of my channels for rhythm, using the clean and the blues modes, and use the pedals for solos. Gives me six different tones to go to depending on the song. :mrgreen:

Al

When I'm running either of my Marks by themselves, I prefer to use the dirt from the preamps. But when in stereo, I set both clean, and use a vintage Boss OD-2 for crunch, and a Xotic SL Drive for harder grindage. I also have a Xotic EP Boost in front of the chain (Set to unity), and a RC Boost at the end to fine tune the level hitting the front end.

Latest posts

Back