Which OCD version???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have read some bad reviews on the Version 4.

What versions do you guys use? I keep messing with the TS-808 and somedays I really like it, some days I want something a little beefier.

bad monkey pedal is the ***** IMHO 8o8 with a little less mids and more beef and cheap.

I never hit it off with the OCD.

Take a look at the Tone Freak Abunai 2. It's the best there is. Period. :)

http://www.tonefreak.com/Abunai2.html

There's a little video demo on the home page (Especially check out from 2:50 on):
http://www.tonefreak.com/

I don't like my OCD (ver.3) in front of my Express 1 x 12 at all.

It sounds great with of my non-master volume guitar amps (Vibrolux Reverb, tweed Deluxe clone and Gibson GA-5), though.

:lol: It seems like the OCD is a love/hate pedal.

People either seem to love it or hate it.

I checked the the vid, thanks Cam. I liked it, but it didn't sound like anything the TS-808 can't get. Does it have a deeper bass response or lower mids that I just can't hear with my computer monitors?

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: It seems like the OCD is a love/hate pedal.

People either seem to love it or hate it.

I checked the the vid, thanks Cam. I liked it, but it didn't sound like anything the TS-808 can't get. Does it have a deeper bass response or lower mids that I just can't hear with my computer monitors?

Yes. It's - - - incredible! The pros are raving about it. It does the 808 stuff without blinking. But it also does higher gain stuff! Deeper bass/low mids but not at all mushy. Beautiful! Check out the sound clips. The Pete Thorn one in particular (he's touring with Chris Cornell right now)!

Also - if you're looking for a more gainy 'distortion' kind of thing, he does a couple other pedals, too. And they all slay. 'Tone Freak' is a member of another board I'm on. He's the BEST guy and makes really really good stuff that the pros in the group are all over. You owe it to yourself to check it out ;)

Thanks Cam,

That might be just what I'm looking for. I don't really like having what everybody else has. Just because some ******** plays it, doesn't mean that I should.

I'll try to give them a call next week. I'll be out of town until then. Once again, work is interfering with the beer drinking and the guitar playing. :lol:

i have v4 and i love it, although i have never tried any of the other versions to compare it against. but it works for me :D

I had V3 and got rid of it a few weeks ago. It does low gain settings very well, but I just couldn't jusitfy keeping it in my setup. It didn't do the super-saturated lead sound I was looking for.

I've got the OCD v4 right now and am still working on trying to dial it in. It seems harmonically richer to me than the other OCD I had which was v2. It doesn't seem to have the output of v2. I liked v2 set for lower gain, rhythm work.

I have had a v4 since about feb-march and to be honest with you, i cant get it to sound bad. I have tried tons of od's and the ocd is boutique quality in my book.

I have V1 and V3

One is more open sounding than 3 which is more midrangey and smooth (polite is a good way of putting it)

I favor 3 for boosting lead tones but one KILLS it for chording.

Some amps dont like the OCD at all...my Matchless amp hates both of them while m y Harry Joyce and V1 is amazing for everything.

V4. I love it. I've had V1 and V3 - both those versions died. To me, V4 has the overall better tone than either V1 or V3.

Monsta-Tone said:
Thanks Cam,

That might be just what I'm looking for. I don't really like having what everybody else has. Just because some ******** plays it, doesn't mean that I should.

I'll try to give them a call next week. I'll be out of town until then. Once again, work is interfering with the beer drinking and the guitar playing. :lol:

I didn't get the call! Haha!

I work more with the behind the scenes touring and gigging guitarists because they can give me really good feedback from the trenches. If my stuff isn't up to snuff, then they don't get the gig or stuff starts failing during the concert.

But tone is a very personal thing and you do have to try stuff out to see if it works with your situation.

Latest posts

Back