Which Mesa 1x12 cab for a Roadster head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjk1138

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Can anyone recommend which Mesa 1 x 12 cab would work best with the Roadster head? Right now, I play it through a 2 x 12 3/4 cab, and would like to emulate that sound as much as possible.

The reason for the 1 x 12 would be to put it in another room, hallway, closet, etc for recording only.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Well, I used to use a 3/4 back 1x12 cab with my Roadster head and it sounded awesome as well. If you want pretty much the same tone as your 2x12 in a 1x12 then stick with the 3/4 back.

I have a friend that is selling one here locally. It used to be mine and it is MINT with a V30. Lemme know if you are interested and i'll see if he wants to ship. He is located in Gray, TN.

JW123 said:
Why not just stick the cab you have in another room?

For monitoring purposes I would guess.

There is also the new ported wide body cab that Mesa just announced... something to think about although it is something like 22 7/8" wide which is not as wide as the Roadster which is like 26" wide or something if i'm not mistaken...

Thanks very much Guys.

MusicManJP6 -- thanks very much for the offer on your previous cab, but by coincidence I stopped by the local Mesa dealer and left with a 1x12 3/4 open back. It really sounds fantastic with the Roadster, nice and tight. I appreciate your recommendation also.

JW123 -- I want to have a cab that I can permenantly setup for recording in another room. Then whenever I want to switch back to the 2x12, I just swap out the speaker wires in the back of the Roadster head. Believe me -- I would prefer to record off the 2 x 12, but in my current living space it's not practical. And I am just too lazy to move it around (heh heh).

Back