Which cab for my Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badguitarist

Reaction score
I have a Mark IV widebody and am searching for a 4x12 cab for it. I've read many good things about the Avatar 4x12 w/ V30's. How do you compare the Avatar 4x12 to the Mesa Recto cab when coupled with the IV?

Thanks mate for the suggestions. I'm here in Australia and Mesa cab's pretty bloody expensive, so I'm considering getting an Avatar instead. I know the Stiletto is killer but how do you compare it to the Avatar?

badguitarist said:
Thanks mate for the suggestions. I'm here in Australia and Mesa cab's pretty bloody expensive, so I'm considering getting an Avatar instead. I know the Stiletto is killer but how do you compare it to the Avatar?

Avatar only ship within the continental USA and not worldwide, how are you going to get yours shipped to you? I'm in NZ and I wouldn't mind an Avatar myself 8)

I'm in AU too dude. I A/B the traditional cab and the recto cab and I found for rhythm playing and so on, the recto cab takes the cake. for that smooth liquid lead tone then the traditional is awesome. but either way both cabs are awesome you just need to check each one out :)

robredo_mattila said:
badguitarist said:

Avatar only ship within the continental USA and not worldwide, how are you going to get yours shipped to you? I'm in NZ and I wouldn't mind an Avatar myself 8)
There's a Avatar dealer here in Melbourne. I can get a 4x12 w/ V30's for AUD$900 which is pretty good I think.

chris_EIT said:
I'm in AU too dude. I A/B the traditional cab and the recto cab and I found for rhythm playing and so on, the recto cab takes the cake. for that smooth liquid lead tone then the traditional is awesome. but either way both cabs are awesome you just need to check each one out :)

+1

I'm a rythm player (= I can't play leads :wink: ) and I love the raw dry agressive sound the recto standard slant 4x12 gives me. Ideal for the Mark IV or recto if you're into rythm.

Can somebody answer me a question?...Is there a major difference in tone between a slant cab and a straight cab?...I've seen on here people rave about the straight version...I wouldn't think that there would be that much difference between them.

Slant isn't any different from my guess. Just asthetic value I assume. Harder to mic up too!
XD

Latest posts

Back