Which Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porterhouse3

Reaction score
I got a F30 that I love but... The gain knobs are too much too fast. the optimum setting can be lost by a mere touch. Also I miss a big fat clear tone like with a Fender Twin. So I'm keepin the F30 but which MB amp would give me Clapton / Cornell tone plus Santana lead tone plus Marshall powerchords
like Townsend and still give me the clean funky stuff like Becker/ Steely Dan???

I have played around with a Roadster and was impressed but need a better demo opportunity.
Anybody gotta clue what I'm looking for?
Thanks

Elpelotero said:
I'm thinking the lonestar...

+1

If I didn't drive a two door convert. with only the front passenger seat to carry the amp, I would have kept the one I took back. I now own an LSS and for what I need, its fine. Mesa says they are complimentary to each other and that may be true. I would say the cleans on the LSC are above the LSS and on that basis suggest it. I thought I wanted "true clean". However, having owned both amps, I think I struggled more with the LSC in trying to get a tone I was happy with. The term I would describe the cleans in the LSC with is "sterile". Just my .02

porterhouse3 said:
I got a F30 that I love but... The gain knobs are too much too fast. the optimum setting can be lost by a mere touch. Also I miss a big fat clear tone like with a Fender Twin. So I'm keepin the F30 but which MB amp would give me Clapton / Cornell tone plus Santana lead tone plus Marshall powerchords
like Townsend and still give me the clean funky stuff like Becker/ Steely Dan???

I have played around with a Roadster and was impressed but need a better demo opportunity.
Anybody gotta clue what I'm looking for?
Thanks

Have you tried a Mark IV ? Its not instant gratification like most mesa amps but it covers lots of territory .

PHYX said:
I love my Mark IV. It can do about anything.

I'll second that...

But what it can't cover I have a '77 JMP 50w MV and a '94 2 ch DR for.

Latest posts

Back