Where's all the Stilettos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnfx

Reaction score
Just wondering how you all are liking these? Seems like people either don't like them, or don't really know about them too much yet, as there's not to much talk about it here or any other forums.

Thanks!

Had the opportunity yesterday to play on one for an hour or two...
Build quality 10+
Versatility 9
Tone 8.5
The amp for me? Absolutely not!

Was looking for something to run A/B or stereo with my Triple, in a Hard Rock/Traditional Metal context. While the Stiletto would make a fine amp for alt rock/classic rock, for metal IMO the Recto eats it for breakfast. Looks like its gonna be a Mark IV for me.

NoGlassNoClass said:
Had the opportunity yesterday to play on one for an hour or two...
Build quality 10+
Versatility 9
Tone 8.5
The amp for me? Absolutely not!

Was looking for something to run A/B or stereo with my Triple, in a Hard Rock/Traditional Metal context. While the Stiletto would make a fine amp for alt rock/classic rock, for metal IMO the Recto eats it for breakfast. Looks like its gonna be a Mark IV for me.

I tryed out a Stilleto Duece for well over an hour at guitarget a few months ago. I was looking for a second amp to not only use at home, but to possibly gig with.

I agree with NoGlass, it sounds killer but I'm too attached to the recto sound, especially for metal. I couldn't seem to get a good chunk out of it for what I would use if for. It is certainly a different animal than a recto. Not better or worse, just different.

I ended up going with the Rect-O-Verb for my second head. I wish I tryed out a Mark IV too because they sound killer. Maybe for my third head.....

I love it, just bought one a week ago. It not for recto lovers. Its a crunch/ hard rock dream. Very versitile, and has more picking dynamics then rectos....due to less gain domination. Anyone who says this doesnt have gain is full of it. It has loads of gain. It just doesnt have loads of Recto gain. If your looking for rectos gain, get a recto. Sounds most comparable to Jimi, GnR, Black Crows, Zykk Wylde, you get the picture. With that said, it natural that some people will like the sounds and some will not, but its undesbuted in versitility and tone.

Latest posts

Back