Where to get a head shell for Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkbluemurder

Reaction score
I have a Mark III hardwood combo with an EV speaker. That thing is as you all know very very heavy. In addition I like the sound of my external speaker cab much better than through the combo speaker. Therefore I am looking for a head shell.

1. Can they be bought from Mesa Boogie (directly or through a dealer)?

2. Will a Mark IV headshell fit (they appear to have the same size)?

3. Are there hardwood head shells?

4. I might be willing to swap cases with a Mark III or IV owner - provided that the shell fits my amp. Any German based folks here?

Cheers

darkbluemurder said:
1. Can they be bought from Mesa Boogie (directly or through a dealer)?

2. Will a Mark IV headshell fit (they appear to have the same size)?

3. Are there hardwood head shells?

4. I might be willing to swap cases with a Mark III or IV owner - provided that the shell fits my amp. Any German based folks here?

Cheers

1. Yes, through a dealer
2. Yes
3. Yes

You can also try www.vintageboogie.com .

They turn up on Ebay from time to time. I picked up a tolexed combo and extention set for $300 a couple of years ago. MkIV should be the same size - you'll need a shorthead cab. And yeah, you can get em from Mesa - not cheap.

If you are going to buy a hardwood I would check out the vintageboogie.com site like another member suggested. The hardwoods from mesa are VERY expensive!

No problem! If you buy something from them, please let me know what you think of the company, as I am considering getting a quilted maple/wicker set up through them! Good luck!

Back