Where can I get pots like the ones used in '80s Mesa amps?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I just got this Studio .22+ that at some point had two of the pots changed to replacements that feel much worse than the originals (too loose) and have tiny little shells. I'd like to replace them with pots that are like all the rest of them--large shells with a nice feel that offers a little bit of resistance. Does anybody know where I can buy some that fit the bill? They'd both need to be 10K, one linear, one log.

Oh, and for that matter, how about EQ slider caps? I have two missing on my new .22+.

I got spare slider caps from Mesa Boogie parts. I didn't need any but I wanted to have them around just in case. They told me they were a little different in design (size) so I got five. I can check tomorrow at the difference I see in their replacement if you like.

Ever check out those slider caps, GIG4FUN?

And can anybody answer the pots question? Boogiebabies perhaps?

GIG4FUN said:
Whoopysnorp said:

shoot! I'm sorry, I got on to something else and forgot. I will let you know in a bit. I ordered an original pot from Mesa yesterday too.

Nice! Did they gouge you for it too bad? That's my main worry about just calling them up--paying like $6 for a pot that should cost $3.

Whoopysnorp said:
GIG4FUN said:
Whoopysnorp said:

shoot! I'm sorry, I got on to something else and forgot. I will let you know in a bit. I ordered an original pot from Mesa yesterday too.

Nice! Did they gouge you for it too bad? That's my main worry about just calling them up--paying like $6 for a pot that should cost $3.

The slider caps are a smaller width and a bit longer. Get 5 and it will look fine I guess.

The pots were a lot more! $15. I got push/pull pots for the Mark II C+. (Two Spares, each a different part number.) I am happy as hell to pay whatever they want to get original parts. Heck I paid $29 shipping just to get them here quicker. Money is not a hard commodity for guys my age; "Time" is.

Latest posts

Back