Where are Celestion being manufactured?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR

Reaction score
What particular Celestion Models made from?

Is it all current all Celestion models are made in China including Blues, Gold, G12M, or G12H Heritage) might be manufacturer in CHina although they have are labeled: "Celestion International LTD Ipswich England."

Whether they sound as good, or not as good, or better than manufactured in England beats me. :?

These China Manufacturer Celestion models are less expensively (is that such a word) made but why are we paying the same price as though they are still made in England?

unrelated note: about MESA Boogie:
I had an estimated time of a completion of a M/B Mark II about two years and about $1300+[?] back in 80'. I can't recall exact price.

Later, I ordered a Mark II in '81. Production time was cut, AND the price went down. They cut cost in the manufacturing technique, either getting a solder wave machine or something.

BUT MESA Boogie passed the savings to their customers!!!

Thanks Guitarzan for moving this topic here. You might even have to label is "Sticky".

Its just that Lone Star Special owners were discussing what speaker to get and I place the topic there.

i don't know about celestion

But MesaBoogie has the best service ever!!!!

I want to go work for them, where do i send my resumé????

Hi Guys,
Rick from Celestion here. I was made aware of this post and thought I would give you the official word..........Celestion still makes a number of speakers in the UK factory including;

All Heritage Series (G12M. G12H, G1265, etc.) and more to come
Blues
Golds
Centurys'
And yes, the Mesa speakers.

We also make speakers for a few others here. There are no plans to shift the above mentioned to the other factory. The UK plant is busier than ever and we intend to keep it that way. Regarding the Chinese built drivers, these are built at our parent companies factory near Hong Kong. It is a massive state of the art facility where a number of products are made. We moved the original machines over from the UK, and still source many parts from the UK, so nothing has really changed. If anything, the quality is up from years gone by.

I hope this sheds light and anything else you hear is likely rumor. Feel free to contact me or call if you ever have questions or need clarifications. I sill gig 2-4 nights per week around Southern CA where I'm based (we do some AZ and Las Vegas as well) and am a tone geek like many of you! 8)

Cheers,
Rick

Hey guys, I thought I saw a post not long ago from Rick on another forum that said some speakers were still made in the UK so I sent him a link to this thread so we could get the real skinny. Maybe he'll answer any Celestion questions that pop up. Later, Mick

Celestion101 said:
Hi Guys,
Rick from Celestion here. I was made aware of this post and thought I would give you the official word..........Celestion still makes a number of speakers in the UK factory including;

All Heritage Series (G12M. G12H, G1265, etc.) and more to come
Blues
Golds
Centurys'
And yes, the Mesa speakers.

We also make speakers for a few others here. There are no plans to shift the above mentioned to the other factory. The UK plant is busier than ever and we intend to keep it that way. Regarding the Chinese built drivers, these are built at our parent companies factory near Hong Kong. It is a massive state of the art facility where a number of products are made. We moved the original machines over from the UK, and still source many parts from the UK, so nothing has really changed. If anything, the quality is up from years gone by.

I hope this sheds light and anything else you hear is likely rumor. Feel free to contact me or call if you ever have questions or need clarifications. I sill gig 2-4 nights per week around Southern CA where I'm based (we do some AZ and Las Vegas as well) and am a tone geek like many of you! 8)

Cheers,
Rick

Rick welcome to our board and thanks so much for clearing this up. I too was under the impression that China was exclusively manufacturing the speakers. Feel free to chime in and set any misinformation straight. Thanks Again!
Regards,
Guitarzan

Hi Rick welcome to the forum, well I think that it could be very interesting if you say to us when did you move the factory to china ( the year ).
Also you are always welcome when you tell us the most hot gossips for the next celestion products, cheers

Well it's good that we can still have faith in Celestion speaker quality no matter where they are are made then. It's always good to hear from a direct representative from companies too, it shows they are still interested in customers needs. Welcome Rick!

Ciao ...

Hey Rick, Welcome to the forum and thanks for clearing that up for us. I purchased a set of Greenbacks from Dave at Avatar about two years ago, and there was a lot of question from people on the internet as to whether they were UK or Chinese models. Doesn't matter a lick to me - they sound fantastic!

Latest posts

Back