When in magazines and stores?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipaudette

Reaction score
Hi All,

What's the word on when the Mark V will start being seen in actual stores? When will it start showing up in "reviews" in magazines or online?

Basically, does anyone know when can we expect to get more info on the Mark V other than from the Mesa website and from the 3 NAMM videos?

Thanks,

Chip

this is crap! we sit here and wait now, for how long? The only video's we have suck. why can't mesa post video's of their products, or sound samples, on their web site? This years NAMM coverage has to be the worst.

rabies said:
jamme61 said:
this is crap! we sit here and wait now, for how long? The only video's we have suck. why can't mesa post video's of their products, or sound samples, on their web site? This years NAMM coverage has to be the worst.

b/c from a marketing perspective, mesa is horrible. they don't (or didn't used to) let retailers advertise they sell mesa on their website. what a stupid marketing tactic!

I don't think mesa hollywood has a mark 5, i called and asked during NAMM...

Um, I still think they do this. I know if you go to Guitarcenter they don't advertise it. How dumb is that? I never understood it.

The business model Mesa Boogie applies might not be as all access as some brands, but like many brands it does this to maintain quality and pricing from their shop to your stage. It can seem disappointing in this age of instant information not to get it when you want it (even I want to see much more on the Mark V like...yesterday) but it keeps interest high and forces people to actually play the amp to make a decision on it, rather then trusting some hacked up YouTube clip.

The underlying reason has always been that they try to support their dealers. By not allowing internet sales it forces consumers into the storefront.

Mesa would prefer you keep their dealers alive than buy from MF. 100%. Shame on you for having a MF preference. Is tax worth keeping a business alive?

well you're going to the wrong shops, rabies. i have 105dB worth of noise in my guitar room here at work fairly regularly. we have a place in the back to take a smaller amps if somebody wants, and I've sold a number of $2000 mesas by sticking somebody in the lesson room alone with the amp. maybe all your local shops just know who you are ;)

anyway this is moot 'cause the grapevine says dealers are about to be able to do something like what you're talking about.

I hope Guitar Player gives it a decent in-depth review and not one of those half-assed 'advertising sheet disguised as a review' that they tend to do.

And Mesa/Boogie has recently changed their dealer agreements to permit online sales. So far I've found a few online retailers plus Mesa/Boogie Hollywood is taking orders via email/phone for shipping anywhere and will have an online sales page set up eventually

That's interesting ... when did they change the policy? I'm a Mesa Newb ... I've had one for a month. I found it odd that I had to go to forums to find out what the amps actually cost.

Satch12879 said:
And Mesa/Boogie has recently changed their dealer agreements to permit online sales. So far I've found a few online retailers plus Mesa/Boogie Hollywood is taking orders via email/phone for shipping anywhere and will have an online sales page set up eventually

The idea is that you call a dealer to find the prices instead of scouring the internet.

The policies changed Feb 1.

Latest posts

Back