What's the difference between the Stilettos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exposeenmity

Reaction score
Just like the title asks, what the hell is the difference between the Stiletto Deuce and the Stiletto Trident? Besides the different number of tubes are there any other differences?

Come on guys, I'm serious here. They have the same front panel layout and from what I can tell they have the same rear layout as well. Is it just that the Trident has more power?

besides the extra tubes and extra power, these are the same amp as far as i know. as for a tone difference, i've read on this board that the trident is a little meatier in the 150 watt mode vs. the 100 watts of the deuce. this doesnt surprise me as the 100 watt setting has a little more chug to it then the 50 watt mode. same effects loop and pre-amp though. if you can afford the re-tube, might as well get a trident.

it's the same as comparing a dual and triple rectifier. bigger power section, thats all. maybe bigger transformers as well...

exposeenmity said:
Is it just that the Trident has more power?
Uhh, Ya? And that translates to more headroom, more bottom, different powerband, they're different animals! C'mon man!

Amen musicbox,
It's not like you can walk into
a music store and find a sextet of matched EL'34's. But you know when I was trying the Duce against the Trident,
I did notice the lil bit more bottom end ,but it was the headroom that sold me.Plus only being $50 bucks more was a no brainer.

lol.....you should work for Mesa,doing writups in the catalogs. If your looking for that Eddie Marshallized Brown sound, either you put a pedal in front of this amp,or go to Roccaforte,Splawn, Mojave amps.
Dont get me wrong,I like the tone in the Stiletto,but it's not killer,over saturated gain. For that I have a Dual Recto.
To each there own and opinions in here very.
Then again,this is a Boogie forum .

Latest posts

Back