what's the deal about the 105V transformer in a C+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
Yes, as the topic says.

What's the deal about the 105v transformer, where can I find the info, if the amp have this feature or not?

both my c+ are export versions, is it something different then?

Thanks
Tony

The 105 is just the first three digits of the part number on the true IIC+ power transformer. The IIC and IIB used the 100. They are very similar, but the 105 has gained a mythical reputation for some reason.

If you have two Export versions, I hate you. :D Those are very hard to come by in the USA. They are actually biased hotter too for some reason.

The 100 put out 460V to the plates and the 105 puts out about 478. IMHO it has less sag and more attack. The Export, technically should put out the same voltage, but as I stated earlier Mesa biased them hotter. A bit hotter bias would probably make the export sound a tad better if you can get the tubes to run around 60-70% MPD. With the hotter bias, even a cooler tube can be run in this range.

Cool!

Thanks a lot.

I live in Norway and we have 230 volts in the sockets, so all of the amps originally sold here do have the export transformers.

FIY the transformer on the two amps are not the same though,
The simul class version is bigger than the regular 60W version, but this probably makes sense, so why bother?

Anyway thanks for the info;-)

Kind regards

Tony

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Scary number of posts today
666.jpg

Latest posts

Back