Whats more br00tal????!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deweyssoss

Reaction score
Hey guys im deciding between a dual rectifier and roadster.

Which lead channel is more brutal for low tuned chugging stuff?

The Dual is more "brutal". The Roadster has a smoother top end and is voiced darker overall.

That said though I'm in a metal band and far prefer the Roadster for the fact that I can acutally get a good clean tone, I can get a good lead tone, and my main dirty channel is still heavy as hell. I had an old 2 channel Dual Recto, I had a 3 channel Dual Recto, and I have a Roadster now. I would never go back.

if you gonna chugg you ll need the Roadster. it is smoother but also tighter. it is the best mesa boogie so far(my opinion). I play mainly death metal brutal with an overdrive in front of the amp.

I am just the opposite of the guys, i much prefer most other rects over the roadster, I just find it way to dark for my liking. Right now I have an RK V1 and that is my main amp of choice, but by what you are saying for brutal sound, the 3 channel triple sounds like your amp.

I like the 2 ch rectos. They are the tightest and warmest. The roadster sounds too dark and grainy to me. The Clean tones are clear and shimmery but thin for my liking. My opinion - find yourself a nice racktifier or 2 ch triple rec. Youll be slayin people. Im all about tight punchy metal tones these days. I recently traded my rev g dr for a Trident I and I couldnt be happier. I run it with a Rat in the front. Killer Killswitch tones. Always an option there too.

I actually like the cleans on my Rectifier....

... and I own a Lonestar. And although the cleans on the Lonestar are better, the Recto cleans have their own vibe going on and I like them for what they are.

I've never tried a 3 channel however, so I don't know how they sound on that one.

For straight up brootal out of the box, the 2 and 3 channel rectifiers are definitely more aggressive. As mentioned above, the Roadster is voiced darker, so running straight into the amp, the regular rectos have a lot more cut, making them sound more aggressive.

Overall though, I still prefer my Roadster. Like Nitrobattery, I too owned a 3 and 2 channel rectifier, and I wouldn't ever go back after owning the Roadster. Perfect Mesa amp IMO. With a boost out front, it is tighter, and more natural sounding than a regular rectifier, while still being CRAZY brootal.

I'll post some clips soon. :twisted:

ibanez4life SZ! said:
For straight up brootal out of the box, the 2 and 3 channel rectifiers are definitely more aggressive. As mentioned above, the Roadster is voiced darker, so running straight into the amp, the regular rectos have a lot more cut, making them sound more aggressive.

Overall though, I still prefer my Roadster. Like Nitrobattery, I too owned a 3 and 2 channel rectifier, and I wouldn't ever go back after owning the Roadster. Perfect Mesa amp IMO. With a boost out front, it is tighter, and more natural sounding than a regular rectifier, while still being CRAZY brootal.

I'll post some clips soon. :twisted:

I want to hear them ! I'm trying to get the other guitarist in my band to get a roadster.

Roadster...by far. You can EQ the stuffings out of it and make it sound like any amp you want. I owned a Triple Recto and it was just waaay too harsh. I like playing melodic metal and I felt like the TR was more voiced for Nu-Metal and/or Top 10 Mainstream Butt-Rock. I feel the Roadster is tremendously more versatile and more sonically pleasing. Just my 2 cents.

In terms of sheer brutality I find the 2 Channel Triple Recs to be the king slayer of the Rectos. I say that because it has additional headroom that the Duals dont have which translates into a more powerful tone. As long as you dont care about your cleans i would go hands down 2 Channel Triple Recto.

Now if you want a little more diversity go with the Roadster. You can do just about anything with it and yes it can get brutal if you dial it the right way and i find with the right tubes.

In the end though they both get the job done.. I have owned both and they are my two favorites of any amp I've played.

screamingdaisy said:

... and I own a Lonestar. And although the cleans on the Lonestar are better, the Recto cleans have their own vibe going on and I like them for what they are.

I've never tried a 3 channel however, so I don't know how they sound on that one.

The best recto cleans are the TOV :twisted:

Fixxer6671 said:
screamingdaisy said:

RKII

droptrd said:
Fixxer6671 said:
screamingdaisy said:

RKII

I have the roadster, and like the TOV cleans. However the tweed set for clean or fat mode are killer on the roadster.

Fixxer6671 said:
I have the roadster, and like the TOV cleans. However the tweed set for clean or fat mode are killer on the roadster.

Try a clean boost in front of your Roadster's channel 1 clean with the gain and master down at about 9:30-10 and your presence near 1... pure bliss :D

Latest posts

Back