What year is my Mesa Mark IIC+...............?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all
unfortunately I have tried everywhere to get in touch with Kris Dilbeck from mesa boogie but cannot locate his email.

I have a very old MK2C+ head, it's cream coloured and has a serial number of 13XXX also on the sides is says DRG 32.

So what year was this head made?
And what number out of the 1500 supposedly genuine MK2C+'s is it?
(eg. 988 of 1500)
And finally what does DRG 32 exactly mean as well?

Much help would be greatly appreciated thankyou my fellow Boogie's :)

I'd say it's a '84 head, as I have a DRGX 5 from 1985, serial 142xx.

D = Simul-Class, R = Reverb, G = Graphic EQ (also X = Export model, S = 60 Watt, H = 100/60 Watt). 32 is the number of the week the production of your amp began. (i.e. Week 32 in 1984) On the underside of the chassis, you'll see another date and the initials of Mike B. That's the date your amp was finished.

Boogiebabies, correct me if I'm wrong! :D

For more info read this:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

And this as well:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13495

oh wonderful thanks heaps Octavarius

I have just checked under the amp and yeh you spot on. To be honest when it comes to amps/guitars I dont know much about them as I just play em all night but these mesa C+ were hand made by mike B.?

Are there really about 1500 of the C+ that were made from the years 1983 to 1984?

Yup. All of them were hand made by Mike Bendinelli. (99.9% sure)

I think Boogiebabies is the man to answer that question. :p

Sounds right to me. :D

Mike B. did not make the amps himself. Each circuit board has the initials of the employee who completed them. Mike did the final teching and burn in.

With a DRG 32, your final tech date should be around 10/84.

Latest posts

Back