What year is my Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a 2 Channel Dual Rectifier with the serial number R-006301. What year was my amp? I'm hoping this is the version thats a bit warmer and rounder than the more modern ones.

Best way to know for sure is pull the chassis and look at the date written on the circuit board.

Yeah, it´s a 95 model revision G.

I had one with a similar serial#, it was a 95 model that I bought new in 96.

Yes, it will sound smoother and warmer than a 3 ch recto. It´s not quite as thick and tight as the earlier versions, but it has a better clean sound.
It´s also slightly fizzier in the highs, but nowhere near as buzzy as the newer 3ch.

It´s a great amp!

Bullen said:
Yeah, it´s a 95 model revision G.

I had one with a similar serial#, it was a 95 model that I bought new in 96.

Yes, it will sound smoother and warmer than a 3 ch recto. It´s not quite as thick and tight as the earlier versions, but it has a better clean sound.
It´s also slightly fizzier in the highs, but nowhere near as buzzy as the newer 3ch.

It´s a great amp!
Hmmm...

My DR is a later model then that and it's Rev F. At least I thought it was before I read this...

Am I reading the revision letter in the correct spot on the board? I think I saw a picture of the Rev location on here at one point... If someone has that could they link it to me or remind me where to find it?

I think mine was a rev G. I never opened it up to check. I didn´t know about the different revisions when I had my amp.

I asked which rev my amp was about a year ago, and the answer I got was that from around 94-95 and onwards, all 2 ch rectos were rev G.

I don´t know if it´s true or not. But Mesa went through the other revisions rather quickly. I think by 93 they were already up to rev E or F.

Back