What would you pay for a hardwood 60 watt SOB combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor has a hardwood SOB combo that is in decent player condition for sale.
It has been modified, but I don't know what was done to it.
It does have 6V6's in it right now though, so at least a bias mod.

I'm kind of interested in it, but don't know if I want to pay that much for it.

What is a decent price to offer?

Not a highly desirable Mesa honestly, so I wouldn't offer any higher than $300 if it were me.

It would go for at LEAST $800 if the cabinet is in ok shape. You'd probably get over $1200-$1500 if you took some good pictures of it.

I just saw a hardwood mark 1 reissue go for $1100 (buy it now) immediately after it was put up. I don't know what it is but I guess the ladies like the hard wood.

Monsta-Tone said:
My neighbor has a hardwood SOB combo that is in decent player condition for sale.

~$600 imho

~$200 for a nice Hardwood cab. ~$150 for the EVM speaker. $37.89 for the SOB inside.

Monsta-Tone said:

Monsta-Tone,
the hardwood cabinet must be like $250. It might probably be able to accept any Mark from the II-B on.
For the guts, you probably are much more knowledgeable than any of us.

Regards

I would pay that for a Mark I reissue with hardwood cabinet and the standard speaker (is it the C90?).

Now, for a modded SOB, I would deduct the price differential between the MkI and the SOB plus the "unmodding" cost.

Again, I would only pay $300 for an SOB, hardwood cabinet not withstanding

Lotus said:
It would go for at LEAST $800 if the cabinet is in ok shape. You'd probably get over $1200-$1500 if you took some good pictures of it.

I just saw a hardwood mark 1 reissue go for $1100 (buy it now) immediately after it was put up. I don't know what it is but I guess the ladies like the hard wood.

No Ef'ing way an SOB would go for anywhere near that amount......that's just dream land. :lol:

Monsta-Tone,
in case it helps...

Back in 1982:
- Mark II-B, vinyl combo, super sixty, no GEQ, with Eminence Black Shadow 12": $720
- SOB, vinyl combo (or so), fifty watter, with Eminence Black Shadow 12": $500

And now, just for a laugh:
- Eminence Black Shadow 12": $65
- EVM 12-L: $115
- hardwood cabinet: $165
- STR 415 tube: $13

Best regards

Back