WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GUITAR AND AMP????????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Crestline Guitar ( Red Les Paul Copy...big nic in the neck....oh Needfull Things! )

2. Gorilla amp----who didn't have one in the 80's ?

a strat styled cheap guitar made in ? It had a spring on the bridge with a flat steel whammy bar.

the amp was UL listed but the brandname wore off. 10 watts a vlume and a tone knob.

First acoustic:
Sears "folk" guitar, $8.95 from the catalog! @ 1980
First electric:
Memphis Les Paul copy, bolt on neck, no name 5 watt amp $100.00 from a pawn shop @ 1982

First real electric:
1984 Peavey Mystic purchased new from Banner Thomas at American Music in Jacksonville @$290.00
Peavey Backstage PLus @$169.00

Red Barchetta said:
An late 70's Memphis guitar....strat shaped body, Gibson shaped headstock...one blade humbucker, "claw" tailpiece...bridge only adjustable for height.

Multivox amp....volume, treble, bass, tremelo controls.

*sigh*...memories

RB

I found an old (embarassing) picture. I'm only about 100 pounds heavier now.
Meandmy1stElectricandAmpsometimein8.jpg

RB

My first guitar was a Dixon Strat Copy and a 25 watt Gorilla amp. Can't for the life of me remember what happened to them.

My first "real" guitar and amp (in my opinion) are pictured below. Squier Strat and Fender 65w Sidekick. Both still sound good (23 years later) but the Squier was modified pretty heavy and the amp was restored
rig007.jpg

Back