WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GUITAR AND AMP????????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first electric was a late '70s/early '80s Cimar. From what i understood, in the beginning Cimar was a brand controlled by Ibanez (like happens with squier and fender), but then it started its own production... my model is so strange, i asked many vintage cimar/ibanez experts, but only one replied me saying it could be a Randy Scrugg model.
I started playing with a beginning drummer (a friend of mine) through a kind of karaoke recorder toy (HORRRRRRRIBLE speaker distortion!!!!), but soon i took up an old amp and bought a multieffect.

Guitar: cheap franken strat worthy of cracking over an amp for show.
Amp: Fender Champ (at least I started out right; an all tube amp)
Pedal: MXR Distortion +

Both the Fender Champ and MXR Distortion + (that I had) are now highly sought after. Both were early vintage models.

'96 Cort Strat copy in tobacco sunburst and a Kustom 20 watt practice amp (still have both)

100_0217.jpg

-AJH

squire pack for bass..my first guitar stuff..a line 6 spide two and a lespaul..i sold the line six and got a orange cab and a marshall head

1985 GIANNINI = brazilian guitar
1987 GOLDEN = brazilian guitar
1990 KRAMMER = I almost died
1992-2006 lots of ibanez esp and jacksons.
Today one jackson and one esp M2 deluxe translucid purple.

MesaENGR412 said:
'96 Cort Strat copy in tobacco sunburst and a Kustom 20 watt practice amp (still have both)
-AJH

Hey MesaENGR412,
I live just down the road from you and I work in Charlotte.
It's cool to see more folks from the Carolinas here.
insearchoftone

a lyon (made by washburn) LE-10 red strat copy with a peavey rage 158 amp. i still have both, the lyon now has an EMG 81 in the bridge 8)

Something like 1973, and it was a Tiesco Del Rey guitar and matching Checkmate amp. I paid a grand total of $75 for both at my friendly neighborhood K-mapart.

An late 70's Memphis guitar....strat shaped body, Gibson shaped headstock...one blade humbucker, "claw" tailpiece...bridge only adjustable for height.

Multivox amp....volume, treble, bass, tremelo controls.

*sigh*...memories

RB

My first guitar was my Jackson RRX which I still have. My first amp was a Laney Hard Core 30 (30 watts of pure solid state tonal magic ... not!) which got upgraded to a Marshall Mode Four, which then got upgraded to the Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster I own now :)

Ciao ...

I had an 80's-ish Memphis (Gibson Explorer body type)
It was red in the middle and faded to black at the edges.
I don't remember the model, but I had a little Roland amp with an 8" speaker.

My very first electric guitar was an older than dirt Apollo violin shaped guitar. It sort of looked like McCartney's bass. And the first amp was an even older tube amp that was integrated into the guitar case. I can't remember the brand name. You would open the case and stand it on end, then plug and play, once the tubes warmed up. I sold the guitar shortly after buying it, and myth has it that the amp still exists in a church attic.

93.. my dad and I found a beat up old acoustic guitar at an antique shop and rebuilt it together as a project.. I was quite young at the time and he was very much a novice guitar repair man :p
I loved that guitar though, I learned all my basic chords from him on that guitar. I wish I knew what happened to it :\

Hmm... 94?
First electric:
Yamaha Pacifica strat copy with a humbucker bridge and some POS crate practice amp, god that was dreadful but my first electric so I thought it was the sh!t at the time.

**** it now I want to go call my dad :p

My first electric was some no name brand I can't even remember. It was black with a strat shape. I ended up trading it in on an Ibanez Destroyer within a couple weeks. I miss that guitar... My first amp was a Peavey. It really wasn't that great of an amp but it was a decent practice amp for its time. It had a single 12" speaker and got me in plenty of trouble with the neighbors.

Silverface Fender Twin Reverb w' JBL's in it (REAL heavy).......
Gibson "RD", blonde (had a built in compressor in it, weird).

Woolworth's LP copy with single coil p/u's under humbucking covers and an 8" solid state amp with one Tone and one Vol knob housed in a particle board framed cabinet.

Back