What tubes do I buy for my Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachjammer

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got a Rectoverb combo and it's time to buy some power amp tubes. I've always bought Mesa tubes out of principle but I'm wondering if I ought to try something different this time. I've been looking at the JJ's Tungsol and Groove tubes. What opinions do you all have on what tubes you've tried. Any advice would be appreciated.

I go through eurotubes.com and get the retube kits, no rebiasing needed. eurotubes.com only sells JJ's but that's what I use. As long as you buy tubes (from reputable dealers) and tell them what amp it's for, they can get you tubes that work for your amp without having to mod it. I've heard good things about dougstubes.com as well.

I didn't think that it would need re-biasing :?: That's what I get out of the manual anyways as long as I put either 6L6's or EL-34's. I'm going with the 6L6's though because I tried some EL-34's in it once and wasn't impressed with the tone.

Latest posts

Back