What speakers do you guys like wtih your Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydock

Reaction score
I just got an unloaded Mojo 4x12, and was thinking of throwing in V30s or WGS vet30s and calling it a day. I really do like the V30s in my Avatar contemporary 2x12 with the Mark, but I was wondering what other viable options I could consider.

I have the Black Shadows from Mesa that I'm very happy with.

RectoFreak said:
Vintage 30's are my weapon of choice.
Mine as well, the oversized recto cab. But the WGS veteran 30 sounds very interesting, but it's impossible to try them out in Norway.

My combo came with an MC90. I don't know any better, but it sounds good to me. :D

rummy said:
My combo came with an MC90. I don't know any better, but it sounds good to me. :D

uh huh uh huh - my combo came with the EV Black Shadow and ayeeeee LIKE it. No I LOVE it.

but really, I never tried any others....

maybe I should.

I currently have a g12h30 heritage and a vintage 30 in a orange 212, and they sound awesome together. Pretty much every amp I've tried through it sounds full and very versatile. Woody and present in the cleans and the vintage 30 seems to take over in high gain. (I hate using Tone speak, but that's the best I can explain it)

That being said the combo only handles 60W, so I keep the amp in class A pentode.

I'm new to the Mark IV, and I don't know if it's honeymoon or what but I love it. Better than the stiletto I had for versatility and the clean is awesome. I previously had a DSL50 head through this cabinet and it really brought out the low gain and high gain character of that amp as well.

I would go with the WGS vet 30 and the ET65 combo. I have them in a 2X12 and couldn't be happier.

EV's are my vote!! Luv um in the combo and a 1 x12 Thiele w/ an EV to go with it!
Oh Yeah! :D :!:

I think it depends on the type of music. I liked the C90's in my LSC 2x12 combo; especially the cleans. I play mostly blues and classic rock and I wasn't happy with the breakup. I did a V30 and G12H30 (hellatones) in a 4x12 (120 watts) and I LOVE the tone. It just more along the lines of what I was hoping to get from my amp. I think the speakers you choose make a huge difference. You'll have to experiment to find what you want. It might cost a little more money along the way. Try mixing V30's with C90's.

The Electro-Voice EVM12L, Black Shadow or not, is what I found to be the best choice for 1x12 combo or cab, surpassing every other I tried. But for a 4x12, it would be way too heavy to carry... (9.6kg net weight per unit).

I use an Eminence MS-12 in the combo and an EVM 12L in the Thiele extension cab.
This way, I also have a reduced weight in the combo.

Just put two Weber Legacy 65 watt speakers in my recto 212 and they sound golden with my Mark IV! They are *similar* to the scumback M75s (not saying they're identical, just similar;) and they really compliment the Mark's mid focus. I tried and V30/Legacy mix and straight Legacies and both configurations sounded heavenly!

Does anybody have any experience with the V30 in an open back combo?
I tried my buddy's old EV 300W Proline, and I did not like the sound at all, and I'm trying to see how the V30 would sound in a combo.

Latest posts

Back