What speakers are you guys using with your DC-10????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have a DC-10 combo that has the original C-90 Black Shadows in it.

Have any of you DC owners experimented with different speakers?

If so, which ones and what results did you have?

I think the distortion tones are really kick *** with the C-90's, but the Cleans are too brittle and will kick your frigging teeth in if you are not careful.

I was thinking about trying a Mojotone BV-30V & BV-30H combination to smooth out the Clean tones a bit. I tried these speakers with my Pro Reverb and it really sounded like butter.

Monsta-Tone said:
Nobody else has a DC-10??????????

DC-5 Checking in here. Have the combo with the C-90 in it and agree with you on your opinion of them.

I unplugged the internal speaker and have used either a Mesa Stiletto 4x12 or a vertical 2x12 recto cab, all of which have v30's in them and I have never looked back. Hope this helps.

Although I have several Mesa Cabs, I like to run my DC 10 head with a Soldano 4-12 loaded with X-12000 speakers (Eminence).

Hi Monstatone,

Ahhh, a DC10 combo ...cool! As a staunch advocate/devotee of the DC5, I always wanted to play through a 10. Curious: have you ever played through a 5? If so, could you offer your thoughts between the two?

I, too, like the MC90, but a pair of them can be a bit much; I agree ...bit too much mid-highs "in the teeth" mode. Got my treb rolled down in the clean channel, and assign the G-EQ to only the Lead channel ...it addresses most of that bite nicely.

Believe it or not, the EVM has less of those mid-highs (I've A/B'd them) and could serve to balance out your tone, not to mention add some tight wallop to the bottom end for some huge, authoritative clean! Also, The Emi RedWhiteBlues is a fabulously smooth speaker that I like in one of my Fenders (and also loaded it into my Thiele cab for a while just for kicks). The RWB also lends a tight bottom, but with an overall roundness and balance that is very smooth and pleasing, with a glassy top end that is never brittle. I dig mine a lot, FWIW. I imagine either of these might be worth a try as a compliment to one of the MC90s in your combo.

Edward

:D I'm not putting an EVM in there. It already weighs 95 pounds.

I like the DC-10 much more than the 5. It has lots more bottom end and spank in the Clean channel.

An extra 50 watts and another speaker really add some thump.

I just sold my 5 to a good friend, who absolutely loves it.

The 5 was a great amp too, but I have a 10 & a 3, so the 5 was optional.

Latest posts

Back