What speaker are you guys using with your DC-3???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I got the DC-3 repair issue out of the way.

It needs a new Output Transformer and speaker.

I don't really like Vintage 30's, especially with this amp, so what do you guys use with yours?

I tried it with an EVM 12L last night and it rocked.

I have a Mojo BV 30H and a Weber Thames that I might try it with tonight if I have time.

I'm looking for tight (meaning that there is very little speaker breakup), warm, fat tones for Blues, Rock, Classic Rock, etc. I need something with lots of sustain, clean headroom and affordable.

I don't really play metal anymore, and I have a DC-10 just incase I want to, so I don't have to worry about those tones out of the amp.

Try a C-90? That's what was in my DC-5, some people love 'em, I'm not one of them. I think the DC's sound pretty good w/V30's. Right now I have an Emi Wizard in my combo, and a Rectifier 2x12 w/the dreaded V30's.

Hey guys,
I'm have also been considering a speaker change in my dc-3. currently running a V30 in the combo hooked up to a thiele loaded w/ an EVM12L. I've seen a lot of suggestions for different speakers, but not many to put an EVM12L in the combo itself....any thoughts on running my combo and thiele both with the EV's?

I tried my DC-3 with just an EV thiele cab and liked it, but all of the upper mids that this amp is famous for were missing.

Right now, I have a Mojotone BV-30H (Celestion Heritage 30 Clone) in the combo and an EV thiele under it. So far, this is the best combo I've found for this amp.

I just might try my C-90 in it too, but that currently sits in my DC-5.

I know you have talked about the BV-30H before, so sorry if I sound like a broken record.......
Here's what I'm looking for. I already love the cleans out of my amp, but the lead side gets a bit to much mid for me, even when I dial in the EQ.kinda sounds like I put a blanket over the amp. I actually have been using my Fulltone OCD more than the lead channel to get the sound I need. :oops: I know this is the nature of the amp, but I guess I'm looking for a little more of a crisp lead sound (at least I think thats what I would be looking for.... no metal here, just classic rock/blues type O sound.
would there be any difference between the BV Clone and the actual Celestion G12H30?
What about the fact that it only handles 30watts?
When people talk about Greenback, does that only refer to the G12M or could that be the G12H30 also since the back is green and looks like the G12M?
Lastly.. Whats the difference between the Celestion G12H and the G12H "Heritage"? There is about a $80 price difference.
Thanks for the advice.

jzerza said:
When people talk about Greenback, does that only refer to the G12M or could that be the G12H30 also since the back is green and looks like the G12M?

when you see Greenback, it usually is referring to the g12m 20 or 25 watt speaker. I think people just call the g12h-30 by g12h-30 or something like that. The "M" or the "H" refer to the magnet size.

Latest posts

Back