What should I do

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
I dont know if I should sell my VHT cab and get a 4x12 recto, or should I keep my VHT and get a 2x12 recto. Or possibly a 1960 cab. I try not to be too biased so just tell me what you think. I don't care if it's marshall or mesa or whatever. Just need some help. Thanks as always.

I just compared a recto 2x12, a VHT Fatbottom 2x12, and a recto 4x12. I bought the 4x12. It sounded better than the others to me. It had a more spacious sound (imagine that). The VHT had a good sound but the rectos had more sizzle in the distortion. The VHT almost tamed the dual rect I was playing through. I'm sure with tweaking the EQ it would have been better. However, at $700 new it is super expensive.

slavetotheman said:
I just compared a recto 2x12, a VHT Fatbottom 2x12, and a recto 4x12. I bought the 4x12. It sounded better than the others to me. It had a more spacious sound (imagine that). The VHT had a good sound but the rectos had more sizzle in the distortion. The VHT almost tamed the dual rect I was playing through. I'm sure with tweaking the EQ it would have been better. However, at $700 new it is super expensive.

It really depends on what you are playing. The Mesa cab is by far more versatile than the VHT.

But if you want a punchy precussive hard rock/metal sound that is really tight and focused, the VHT is tops.

Latest posts

Back