What should i buy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Brand of amp is best?

• Fender

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Peavey

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Gibson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epiphone

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Squier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

jet62095

Reaction score
Hi,
Im looking for a small amp 15 watt area.
Im only looking to spend under $200.
What should i get?

Honestly, all the "low cost" amps I tried were pretty pathetic. The only ones I liked (and bought) are the Roland Cube 30w, great for home use and small gigs (my son used it for a show in his school gym and it was just fine)

Marc

I have an Epiphone valve jr that I bought for practicing at home, so I don't have to change power tubes so often on my "real" amps.

Its 5W and works great if you use pedals for distortion, eq, etc. At full volume, the tone is amazing. Really awesome power stage distortion for such a cheap amp. Its loud enough to keep up with a drummer.

I don't recommend the epi if you are looking for an all-in-one amp. It just has one control - volume. And there is no overdrive or distortion until you get near full volume, which is way too loud for bedroom practicing.

Animeka said:
Honestly, all the "low cost" amps I tried were pretty pathetic. The only ones I liked (and bought) are the Roland Cube 30w, great for home use and small gigs (my son used it for a show in his school gym and it was just fine)

Marc

+1 I still haven't gotte to play one but I've heard plenty of demos they really do sound better than most others in the price range.

Dave

i think everything in the under 200 price range is pretty much as wash. Your either getting a digital amp that might be a decent practice amp with a tone of options (fx and such), a SS POS or low watt tube amps that are usually made specifically to handle pedals. If your looking for just something to practice with i'd go the roland cube, the new peavey modelling amps or the epiphone 5watt tube amp with some pedals in front. if your looking for something as your main amp, i'd save up and get somethin in the $500-600 range. Just my .02

Latest posts

Back