What kinds of sounds from a Tremoverb or Heartbreaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
Between the two channels with two modes each, what types of sounds can be obtained from a Mesa Tremoverb (particularly the 2x12 combo)? How about from a Heartbreaker combo. I'll be using one of them with a PRS Custom 24.

Thanks!

The Tremoverb's strong points are classic rock, modern rock and metal. The Heartbreaker - think blues and classic rock with lots of hosspower.

Both have nice big clean tones, a matter of taste overall as both are versatile amps with loads of power. Personally, of the two I'd like to hear your PRS through a Heartbreaker set on Ten. Run em both with an ABY! Now that would rock.

A little bit Apples & Oranges: The Heartbreaker (a 25th Anniversary to the original Mark I Boogie) pays ultimate tribute to that series, adding two channels with 5 modes!
The Tremoverb, being of the Dual Rectifier lineage offers Mesa's take on the more modern voiced gain options!

I can't compare the two, but the Tremoverb is a great amp. One of the best Mesa's I've owned. I've owned a Rectoverb and also a Mark IV and I prefer the Tremoverb above both of them. The tremoverb does hard rock, blues on steroids, and metal tones with eas. It's a recto sound, but fatter, smoother, and less buzzy. You can dial it in wrong if you max the gain and cut all the mids. The blues mode of the amp is very versatile for everything from a pushed fender Blackface on steroids to hard rock. The modern mode can, of course, do metal.

jbird said:
A little bit Apples & Oranges: The Heartbreaker (a 25th Anniversary to the original Mark I Boogie) pays ultimate tribute to that series, adding two channels with 5 modes!
The Tremoverb, being of the Dual Rectifier lineage offers Mesa's take on the more modern voiced gain options!

Bump?

What else do you want?

Back