What kind of speakers for a Dual Rec??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakoBlink

Reaction score
I have a 2 channel dual rectifier, with a kit from euro-tubes, (integrated quads, 2 6l6's and 2 el34's). I dont know much about speakers so I was wondering what I should go for.. I'm trying to choose between a mesa cab with vintage 30's and a cab with greenbacks... By the way, what amps have greenbacks?

lastly, where can i get vintage 30H's?

for the mesa i highly suggest the v30's. it is what these amps were voiced for. the greenbacks go well with marshalls. however, this is not to say that people have never mixed the two and not been happy. the greenbacks produce a bit more high end sizzle, whereas the v30 is a thicker, warmer bottom end. greenbacks are typically found in marshall cabs. v30's in mesa cabs. they can be bought individually anywhere online, but some people do not like the fact that celestions are now made in china as opposed to england. mesa still has its v30s made in england however.

Mesa's Vintage 30's are still made in England. I really dont know if a Greenback will do a DR justice, or if it could handle the true raw power of a Mesa. IMHO, they are a bit fickle as to the type of cabinet as well. I have never heard a better cabinet for a DR than a Mesa Standard Straight with V-30's.

Gotta go with Vintage 30's as well, they handle the massive bottom end that the DR cranks out..

Tonight I should be picking up my new Dual but may be going with a couple 1x12 harry kolbe cabinets... sight unseen (haven't learned my lesson yet). Please tell us what you ended up with with a review in case my cabinets don't work out. Oh but I played the dual at GC through a standard mesa cab and me likey very much.
Ken

Oh and Btw what are normally in the standard Mesa cabs... celestions? And if so why don't they use V30's if they are voiced for the mesa's? I don't know just askin
Ken

MichiganboySB said:
Oh and Btw what are normally in the standard Mesa cabs... celestions? And if so why don't they use V30's if they are voiced for the mesa's? I don't know just askin
Ken

Recto cabs are Mesa Celestion V30's, still made in England.

Latest posts

Back