What is this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarted

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/89-Mesa-Mark-III-head-long-chassis-100watt-/170625138400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ba0cfee0

Did someone have Boogie turn a Mark IIB into a Mark III or something like that?

No... That's a stock Mark III HR15. From the factory. I don't see anything that would hint at it being a IIB...

MB signed the chassis off dated '89 - defo not a IIB upgrade (if such a thing ever existed?)

zebpedersen said:
MB signed the chassis off dated '89 - defo not a IIB upgrade (if such a thing ever existed?)
Yeah I saw that, but the serial number is 116XX and it has Gain Boost on the faceplate and not Pull Deep.

Hey,
yeah that is weird that it's a gain boost faceplate... I wonder if they altered spare IIC+ faceplates and added "pull shift" above the mid to make it a mark III, but even that sounds ridiculous. The SN has got to be a mistake in the listing. maybe he meant 16xxx. It's gotta be a mk III.

scott

zodiac272 said:
Hey,
yeah that is weird that it's a gain boost faceplate... I wonder if they altered spare IIC+ faceplates and added "pull shift" above the mid to make it a mark III, but even that sounds ridiculous. The SN has got to be a mistake in the listing. maybe he meant 16xxx. It's gotta be a mk III.

scott

Leftover Gain Boost faceplates were used from the IIC era on the long chassis models until they ran out. Then they started using the Pull Deep plates. This one doesn't have a GEQ, and not many non-graph's were ordered, so Mesa had TONS of non-graph Gain Boost plates to get rid of. Later on, IIC+ plates with Pull Deep were re-stamped to add the "Pull Rhythm 2" function as well. The faceplate on this amp is at least 6 years older than the amp itself.

Back