What is the best speaker combo for a Stiletto??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laskyman

Reaction score
I am looking into a different cab- want to try something new-So, what would be the best of both worlds- handle and reproduce awesome cleans, warm overdrive, and monster lead tone?
I know a "end-all" cab is out of the question, but I was thinking V30 + ???, or Eminence V12+ G12? I dont wat shrill high end, crazy mid-range hump, boomy bass, or unwanted breaking up.
Amp is a Stiletto Deuce II, I had a Roadster 212 that was GREAT for Dirty sounds, but not as great Clean, and a G-Flex 212 that is GREAT clean, but I dont like it as much as I did the Roadster 212 for Dirty....
Suggestions and why?

Thanks-

I'd recommend a Celestion G12H Heritage if it only came in higher wattage....however, Scumback speakers makes a similar one in 30/65/100 watts

These are great sounding speakers...especially with that amp.

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/

I was thinking of loading my 1/2 open back 2x12 with one V30 (closed part) and one C90 from Mesa (open part). I figure this could be a good mix. I tried my Deuce in my Rectoverb combo cab with the Black Shadow and it was more.....Recto-ish, but in a good way.

I really enjoy using the Stiletto 4x12 for studio and the house. It has just the right elements that I'm looking for in a cab and I run both my stiletto and Lonestar heads through it! (not at the same time) but it's a little to big to gig with so I use the 2x12 recto for gigs! Gives me a great punch similar to a 4x12 and great clean top end. Both cabs have the vintage 30's....Not sure if this is what your looking but it works for me........

JP

Latest posts

Back