What is the best cab too use with..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
A dual rec.I have just bought a dual rec and need to buy a cab for it.I was wanting to use the theile ported 1 12" as I cannot drive(yet!!!)and rely on my band members to transpot me and my gear thus,It has to be portable!!!!!so I cant have no 4 12" or 2 12".Soon when Im able to drive I'll upgrade to a horizontal 2 12".The other one I was suggesting is a bogner 1 12" cube.What do you guys think!!!
Cheers
Euan

Be careful! Depending on what speaker is loaded in the cab, I don't think a 1x12 can handle the output power of the Dual Rectifier. Mesa's 1x12 only has a V30 that can handle 60 watts. I'm not familiar with the Thiele cab. What kind of speaker does it have in it? Does the back of the cab say how many watts it can handle?

I would save up and go for the Mesa 2x12 horizontal cab right off the bat. The dimensions aren't that much different than the 1x12, and I think you'll be pleased with the sound.

1x12:
18-3/4in wide, 41 pounds

2x12:
30-1/8in wide, 61 pounds

I agree, defintly go with the 2x12 right away, much better for what you need and not much bigger then the 1x12.

Troy said:
Be careful! Depending on what speaker is loaded in the cab, I don't think a 1x12 can handle the output power of the Dual Rectifier. Mesa's 1x12 only has a V30 that can handle 60 watts. I'm not familiar with the Thiele cab. What kind of speaker does it have in it? Does the back of the cab say how many watts it can handle?

I would save up and go for the Mesa 2x12 horizontal cab right off the bat. The dimensions aren't that much different than the 1x12, and I think you'll be pleased with the sound.

1x12:
18-3/4in wide, 41 pounds

2x12:
30-1/8in wide, 61 pounds

when you do have the space to fit a bigger cab, i suggest the horizontal 2x12 or another brand such as the g-flex 2x12. by all accounts i have read, the vertical 2x12 does not sound as good as the horizontal. don't ask me why, but that's the consensus i've gathered after reading many posts on this board.

cheers guys.I will consider the theile cab(this is a mesa compact series cab and power handelimg is 90watts)but after researching on the 2 12" I have found there is only about 10cm each way in difference(well mayby a bit bigger)I will get my local dealer to get both in.Ive been on harmony central and alot of the guys on there sayu that the theile is beastly and will handle any sorta head,but then again it isnt a 4 12"oversized demon now is it????hahahha,could just get a van and buy one of these!!!!!

Latest posts

Back