What is Mesa's trademark sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think Mesa I think

Recto - Tremonti
MarkII(maybe even IV)- Metallica
MarkI - Santana

recto is a lot of people...i think the most quintessential rectifier tone however is the song idiot box by incubus. loads of deep aggressive full growl! lots of clarity....it's sooo good! that song made me buy a rectifier.

http://www.sonybmgmedia.com/streams/wm.asx?id=220940

Shep said:
every dreamtheater album..

recto,mk iic+,mkiv,mkiii,roadking,lonestar and lot's of mesa pre amp's...
The album Train Of Thought by Dream Theater is the manifesto of Recto's power and brutality (but also awesome tone) in my opinion. Not tons of gain, but this makes the tone crunchier and even nastier to me.

the mesa trademark has to be,liquid lead tones with smooth sustain,but also a healthy dose of aggressive bottom end that will destroy your guts,well that said has to be the recto or MKIIc+,basically john petrucci,listen to dream theater

That is what he uses now, he started off using a Trem Head into the 4x12 cabinets, but after make yourself, or i should say on the recording of morning view he switched to the T-verb combo's. Honestly I think there older stuff is there best work when he was still using the heads, I just think they had a better tone.

RoadKinger483 said:
I second that. Mike use to use a pair of Tremoverb 2X12 combos to be exact. Still a dual rec though.

Mark series will always be what a Mesa is to me. Probably the MkIV if I had to choose.

Latest posts

Back