What is it in my Mark III Blue stripe?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellows,

I have a Mark III Combo, and recently I've noticed something strange below the speaker.
I know that the picture is terrible.
But do you know what is that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Ivo

IMG_3626 Large.jpeg

IMG_3627 Large.jpeg

IMG_3628 Large.jpeg

I also see a G12T75 speaker in there. If the amp doesn't sound its very best, that speaker could be at fault. An EVM-12L is the best possible speaker for a Blue Stripe. Second would be a Mesa branded Vintage 30.

Yes. Just be aware that the V30 is a 60 watt rated speaker so you wouldn't want to crank the amp all the way or it would eventually damage the speaker. The Blue Stripe is an 85 watt amp. But who really cranks them? They're SO loud as it is. In my 30+ years of being a Boogie owner, only ONCE did I ever push a Mark series amp to full output for more than a few seconds. And the EVM-12Ls in the cabinets handled it just fine.

Yes. Just be aware that the V30 is a 60 watt rated speaker so you wouldn't want to crank the amp all the way or it would eventually damage the speaker. The Blue Stripe is an 85 watt amp. But who really cranks them? They're SO loud as it is. In my 30+ years of being a Boogie owner, only ONCE did I ever push a Mark series amp to full output for more than a few seconds. And the EVM-12Ls in the cabinets handled it just fine.
Thank you Woodbutcher65!

:)

I just wish Celestion would pay more attention to the alignment of those stickers at the back. The one of the Celestion I put in mine recently isn't positioned straight either, it looks sloppy 🙃 Sounds great though, in my Studio.

Back