What is a Mark V head worth $$$

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I am thinking about selling my head (5 months old and mint) and getting a combo.

What can I expect?

You'd be better served getting a 1x12 cabinet. Especially if you bought it new. That way you have options in the future.

Scary said:
You'd be better served getting a 1x12 cabinet. Especially if you bought it new. That way you have options in the future.

This is exactly the route I went with. I have a closed-back 1x12 and an Express 23 open-back 1x12, in addition to a 3/4 back 2x12 and a Recto 2x12. The head on the Express 1x12 has the same footprint as the combo, but it's MUCH easier to move around the two units than the combo. All it took to make up my mind was to lift the combo at the store, and then visualize hauling that sucker out to my car and manhandling it into the back seat (the combo won't fit in my trunk due to subwoofers).

$1600-$1800 is what I usually see. You may be able to swap it for a combo if you look around hard enough.

Hendog said:
I am thinking about selling my head (5 months old and mint) and getting a combo.

What can I expect?

If you bought your amp head new, the amount of money lost on the sale would equal the cost of a good 1x12 extension cabinet. If you found someone that would do a straight trade, each keeping their own chassis to save on any shipping charges, would be best, if you are dead set on a heavy *** combo. 8)

You've got me thinking here: I have a perfect Mark V Combo, that I have been thinking about trading for a head. I retubed the power tubes with SEL's. Perfect condition. No issues whatsover. I am located in Philly.

Hmmm...

Back