What is a "Fillmore" C-90?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GD_NC

Reaction score
I've seen several ads that mention Mesa "Fillmore" C-90 speakers. What's the difference from a Standard C-90?

They don't exist; at least not yet, but i wouldn't hold my breath. They've been just a rumor for years now. i had a chat w/mesa customer service about them a long while back & i was told that when they were available they'd sound exactly like a C90. i suspect that by now they've given up on the idea but they made the mistake of mentioning them in print & so the rumor won't go away.

boogiemon said:
They don't exist; at least not yet, but i wouldn't hold my breath. They've been just a rumor for years now. i had a chat w/mesa customer service about them a long while back & i was told that when they were available they'd sound exactly like a C90. i suspect that by now they've given up on the idea but they made the mistake of mentioning them in print & so the rumor won't go away.

I think the pics in this craigslist add would beg to differ.. Says fillmore real big and mesa. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/1513971639.html

3n73pb3l65Oa5Pf5R19ch3e3f362801cb1273.jpg

If it's just a rumor then this probably is not helping...

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Accessories/Speakers/Speakers.html

Fillmore speakers are listed as for sale on the Mesa website. However they don't show up when you go to the online store to actually purchase them.

i'll be damned. ...never saw that before. That an old or new pic? The mesa web store doesn't list them. Anybody actually have or heard one of these? Who makes them? Looks like a cast-frame design.
cool.

boxcarmonument said:
boogiemon said:

I think the pics in this craigslist add would beg to differ.. Says fillmore real big and mesa. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/1513971639.html

3n73pb3l65Oa5Pf5R19ch3e3f362801cb1273.jpg

I have got a 2004 Mesa book which says the lonestar comes with FILLMORE speakers.

UKBoogieboy said:
I have got a 2004 Mesa book which says the lonestar comes with FILLMORE speakers.

I had a 2004 Lonestar Classic head with matching 212 cab and it had standard C-90's despite all the literature stating it had fillmore speakers.

I asked my Rep about this specifically.

Mesa builds some of their own speakers in house (all the powerhouse drivers). They had planned (still plan?) to start building guitar speakers in house. The Fillmore was the brand for their speakers, but they've never been built to my knowledge.

Does anybody have a picture of that speaker in the craigslist ad?

Fillmore?

I haven't heard (read) that name so often since the last time I listened to the "Billy the Mountain" cut (side) off of "Just Another Band from L.A." (Eddie, Are You Kidding?). :lol:

Fillmore, fillmore, fillmore...

jbw

At least a few "Fillmore" series speakers have indeed been built. I own one.

Picked it up off Craigslist in September '09: the guy I got it from told me it came out of a 2x12 cabinet and that it was a Fillmore series V30. I was still a little curious about specs and authenticity, however, since the speaker didn't have anything specifically saying "Mesa" or "Boogie" on it, so I called up Boogie and asked them about the model code.

The rep who called me back was a little confused himself, since he thought the company had abandoned plans to offer them and didn't know they'd ever actually made any. But he confirmed that the model code did match up to a Fillmore series speaker on their parts list -- only it was the Fillmore C90, not the V30.

I don't have a regular Black Shadow C90 or V30 speaker to compare it with, so I can't say how close it is to either one. And I guess the mystery is how these speakers got out of the factory, and how many total are in existence. It seems that at least a couple of them were made, and found their way into 2x12 extension cabs -- don't know whether at the factory or later.

Anyway, here's what it looks like installed in my 1x12 extension cab. I added the "8 OHMS" label on the magnet. The sticker on the side of the magnet just has a barcode, the 6-digit model code (766595), another numeric code, and "Made in U.S.A." on it.

4304534899_c68b72dd10.jpg

4304535145_30b6a87e65.jpg

Latest posts

Back