What guitars do you play through your Rectifiers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I have a few guitars but the One I 've been playing the most is a Danelectro Longhorn with 3 lipstick single coils. It has been sounding sweet through my roadster combo on channel one , on tweed , at 50 watts with tube recto....oh and lots of reverb.

My favorite:

iceman.jpg

IC400 with Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and Dimebucker in the bridge.

However, this coming Saturday I am changing out the Dimebucker for a reverse zebra black/blue Dimarzio D Activator, everything I play with those in them sound amazing in terms of clarity, and I think it'll allow me to have some more EQ space on my Triple Rec.

OCI said:
My favorite:

However, this coming Saturday I am changing out the Dimebucker for a reverse zebra black/blue Dimarzio D Activator, everything I play with those in them sound amazing in terms of clarity, and I think it'll allow me to have some more EQ space on my Triple Rec.

The D Activator is an amazing pickup. They make me think about going back to passive pickups at some point.

And nice Iceman. I always wanted a J Yuenger sig model back in the day.

I use an Gibson Les Paul Studio. I'd like to find an ESP Eclipse with EMGs to try with it. I tried one at a guitar center with a Stiletto and they were pretty good. I was very surprised by the clean sound I got from the neck pickup.

My main guitars are:

-2003 PRS Custom 22 (HFS/Vintage Bass)
-2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard (490R/498T)
-1987 Charvel Model 3a w/Floyd Rose

...They all sound great...The Les Paul sounds more defined and has more clarity, but the PRS has more heat and sustain.

My main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Custom through my Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. I have a few other guitars (see sig) but I mainly use the Gibson and my Gretsch.

I do have to say that for downtuned riffs, I usually use my Schecter Scorpion baritone, and it sounds really REALLY good for KsE, Soilwork, Sevendust type riffs.

My main axes are:

- Ibanez Prestige 7 (DiMarzio X2Ns)
- Schecter C7 Hellraiser (EMG 89s)
- Schecter C7 Blackjack (Duncan JBs)

Stratocaster with Kinman avn blues pickups. Amazing cleans; decent growl. I am waiting to get a set of Kinman P90's in my HSS strat. That guitar plays great but the electronics sound like crap compared to the kinman. I even have a seymor duncan with a pearly gates humbucker in the bridge which made it sound better.

Ibanez Jem and RG-series 7-strings
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster

I like the telecaster best with both my amps. The Jem is a close second. I've had better luck with the 7 strings through my Studio Pre.

Luthier built Goldtop LP w/BKP Holydivers and an old Dean ML loaded with SD Blackouts. Dig em both thru it.

DSC_2558_zps43c6abf5.jpg

DSC_2535_zps5d3d8af5.jpg

Les Paul 2010 standard with some Suhr Aldrich pickups - sounds really huge!
Mex Strat with a PAF Pro and Texas Specials
Kramer Jersey star

All going into a Roadster head and 2x12 Zilla cab (V30's)

Latest posts

Back