What can you tell me about this Mark IIA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrei

Reaction score
I'm not a connoisseur of Boogie amps, especially older ones, so excuse me if you find some of my questions funny.

I saw this amp, it's a Mark IIA Combo 60/100Watts.

Could not find the serial number, probably you have to take the unit out of the box, as I've read somewhere.

However it did have a speaker serial number: Black Shadow 000202.

Reverb was not working, and if you turned it up, all it did was to ad hiss...

What can you tell me based on these facts?

How much is this amp worth and how good is a MarkIIA?

Thank You,

Andrei said:
I'm not a connoisseur of Boogie amps, especially older ones, so excuse me if you find some of my questions funny.

I saw this amp, it's a Mark IIA Combo 60/100Watts.

Could not find the serial number, probably you have to take the unit out of the box, as I've read somewhere.

However it did have a speaker serial number: Black Shadow 000202.

Reverb was not working, and if you turned it up, all it did was to ad hiss...

What can you tell me based on these facts?

How much is this amp worth and how good is a MarkIIA?

Thank You,

We'll definitely need some more details to help you out. The serial number is located on the back panel of all early Mark Series amps, usually stamped near the speaker output jacks. The date will be hand-written on the underside of the chassis in black marker, in a month/year format. If your reverb is not working, the first thing to do is check the reverb driver/return tube, the cables from the amp chassis to the reverb tank, and finally the tank itself. Also, a picture can tell us quite a bit about the amp - front and back shots. Thanks!

Thanks Authorized Boogie.

I specifically look everywhere for the serial, but will look again.

This amp belongs to a venue a friend is managing, I'm gonna look for the serial when I get there again, and post my findings.

Cheers

Back