What can a Roadking give me that a Roadster can't.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabinet switching, EL34s on the fly. If the EL34 thing isn't that important to you, the the Roadster is the way to go. I play in a cover band that does a wide variety of music and I need the EL34 sound at my fingertips, the Roadking was the right amp for me.

on the roadking you can choose
which kindda tubes you want to use for each channel,6l6 or el34 or a combination of both
two loops,one series one parrallel to be used for each channel
choose your cabinet per channel
reverb per channel
choose your rectification per channel,tube/diode
channel one has tweed/fat/clean modes
channel two has brit/fat/clean modes
channel three and four have raw/vintage and modern modes

the newer RKII v2's have an improved clean chanel taken from the lonestars and sounds out of this world

thats the spec basically for a RK my internet it being a pain in the *** and not working properly so I cant get on the mesa website to see the roadster spec,I just done this from memory

The roadster is a baby version of the Roadking,it doesnt have a choice of valves or cab selection or recto tracking etc

go for the RKII v2

mesanomad100 said:
...The roadster is a baby version of the Roadking,it doesnt have a choice of valves or cab selection or recto tracking etc

go for the RKII v2

The Roadster does have Recto tracking

sorry as i mentioned i cant get on to the mesa website to clarify the roadster situation,Im doin it from memory

Yep, The Roadster is a Roadking II minus the extra FX loop and doesn't have the progressive linkage. Apart from that they are the same from what I have read.

Ciao ...

Storm said:
Yep, The Roadster is a Roadking II minus the extra FX loop and doesn't have the progressive linkage. Apart from that they are the same from what I have read.

Ciao ...

Don't forget:

Cab Switching --> RK II
and if comparing the combos, the RK II has the better cleans, while the roadster combo is probably better suited for Driven/lead tones due to the ported sealed cab.

Latest posts

Back