what cabinet for a mark IIC+ or a Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooch

Reaction score
I have a mark IIC+ and am thinking of getting a mark IV. I have a 1x12 thiele ported cab which sounds good but I want either a 2x12 or a 4x12 for playing with my loud rock band. Any sugggestions for cabs and/or speakers for these amps? Does not have to be boogie (i.e. marshall, etc..) if you think something else is better.

thanks

Depending on what type of music you play either a Boogie Traditional 4 x12 or a custom from www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com a 4x12 is the only way to go IMHO.

Allen

I am a slut for advertising these all over but here goes again anyway.......

the older mark series cabs with the open top and closed bottom would probably be the best match for the mark series amps. It's like having an open backed combo stacked on top of a thiele cab. There are few versions so make sure you only look at the ones with the MC90's up top and the EV's on the bottom. The 212's are ported on the bottom and the 412's are not. I use a 212 with an MC90 up top and EV on the bottom. The EV has huge low end and the MC90 is like a flatter version of a vintage 30.

Just be leary of the cabs that come with the "vintage" labeled speakers as these are just 50 watt eminence speakers that don't sound too hot (i know since i replace it with an EV). You can tell if the speaker is a "vintage" speaker by the purplish cone, shiny black frame, and the vintage label on the back.

Any cab that is made well and has decent speakers will sound pretty good but the EV's and MC90's were used with the amps exclusively so it makes sense that they sound pretty good when used in those cabs.

Greg

Latest posts

Back