What Cabinet Compliments Your IIC+ Most?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDGuitaristT

Reaction score
I just bought a IIC+ recently and am playing through a Standard Oversized 4x12 Recto cabinet loaded with V30s...still playing with the dials, of course! :)

I'm just wondering what y'all are playing through and your experiences on what works well and what doesn't.

I use a 1x12 Theile loaded with an EVM 12L. My combo has the same speaker.

Very ballsy, penetrating sound. The EV's, along with the ported Thiele cab, move a bunch of air. I'd put it up against any 4x12 cab out there.

Plus, it fits in a small car. 8)

Ported Mesa 1X12 Theile with an EV 12L and a Front loaded Soldano 4X12 Slant from 1993 with V-30's. The traditional front loaded Mesa cabs make the bass a bit too flubby, but for lower gain crunch they are great cabs.

i put a celestion century vintage in my combo, so now it doesn't weigh a ton.
i have a theile 1x12 with a ev 12l too. they sound very good together, but when i run it through my marshall 4x12 with celestion 65's and 75's x patterned, it freakin cooks!

My favourite cab is the '71 Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks....AWESOME..
The other choice is the Johnson 4x12 with V30s

How much do those Thieles w/ a EV 12L cost? The guy I bought the amp through recommended this 1x12 as well.

How much do those Thieles w/ a EV 12L cost? The guy I bought the amp through recommended this 1x12 as well.

The Thiele cabs loaded with the EV12Ls are not sold anymore (EV12L speakers are out of production). The Thiele cabs with Celestions are US$ 419 . See current pricelist here. The EV12L loaded cabs were more expensive.

Once in a while you see secondhand Thiele cabs for sale on Ebay.

Boogiebabies said:
How is that Century?

i've only had it a few days.
i haven't rocked it out at high volumes much, but so far i like it.
i'm so glad it doesn't sound like **** because it feels like it cut the weight of the combo in half!
those ev's are heavy boy!

EVM12L are back in production. Two flavors plain and Black label.

Personally I like Tone Tubby Alnico Hemp cone HE1 formula. Either open back or closed back 2x12 vertical cab. These work great for fusion jazz classic rock Santana. They don't have the crunch that greenbacks or G12H30 have but I don't care for that with a Boogie. For high gain singing leads I think the Fane Alnico 100 watter does a terrific job brighter then the TTs yet stays smooth. I have 2x12 with EVM12Ls and it works for some things but it always seems much harder to dial in a sound I like with them. Getting it right is difficult and if I don't I end up with a piercing high end that I don't like.

DSCN1074copy.jpg

WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

EVM12L are back in production. Two flavors plain and Black label.

I forgot about the Black Label, but this is not a re-issue, right? The Black Label is a 300 watt version of the original EVM12L (200 watt). Would the "plain" flavour be a reissue of the original Black Label? I didn't see any references on EV's web site. Thanks.

-H.

Plain is a reissue of the original production EVM12L I believe. The Black Label is a special Zakk Wylde speaker. The were announced at NAMM. 8)

Latest posts

Back