What are your clean settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I typically play vintage hi/lo. So my clean is basically however I had my drive setup.

Any of you guys have an optimum clean setting?

My optimum drive setting is actually my favorite clean setting, i like punchy strong cleans on the verge of breakup, so when i strum hard it gets gritty. here it is:

90 watt mode, gain trim set onto clean
Volume: 3:00
Treble: 1:00
Mid: 10:00
Bass: 12:00
Presence: 12:00

When I want sparkly, round, full cleans all i do is drop the volume to 12:00 and kick the bass up to 1:00, sounds so sweet it brings tears to my eyes. so buttery.

The problem with this amp is there is not one bad way to EQ. No matter what i do i love how it sounds. It is so simple and so versatile all at the same time. By the way i just found the most amazing ACDC crunch tone. It sounds absolutely incredible. here it is.

45 watts, Blue Mode, EL-34's, gain trim to off or clean
Volume:12:00
Treble: 1:00
Mid: 12:00
Presence: 12:00
Master: 8-9:00
Using this with a Les Paul loaded with a super distortion...No words to describe

Good question.

I find a very nice clean sound playing a strat style HSS between the mid single coil and bridge HB pickup with these settings:

45W, clean trim toggle selected, clean trim volume at 3 o'clock

Channel Volume - 12:30
Treble - 12:00
Mid - 10:30
Bass - 12:00
Presence - 12:00
Master Volume - 8:30

However, I am not crazy about the sounds that I achieve out of Lo/Hi gain modes with this setting. I compromise by setting the channel volume from 2 - 3 o'clock, reduce bass, add a bit of treble and/or presence, and adjust my clean trim volume to closely match Lo/Hi gain modes. The clean definitely suffers from this, but I find it necessary to achieve the Lo/Hi gain sounds that I am after while footswitching between the mode.

With all due respect "theweatherman", I strongly disagree that there are "no bad sounds" out of the ED. Honestly, I have to carefully set my ED to obtain "good footswitchable sounds" between all modes for my tastes. However, I clearly prefer "cleaner" clean sounds than you based on your description. Not a problem at all....just my opinion.

Ill set my volume about 1:00 Bass 10:00 Treble 1:00 presence 10:00 but my Vintage lo/hi will suffer a bit...thats when I'll add a bit of extra OD from my line6 M13 to get that creamy lead tone.

GREAT TOPIC!!!! I love talking settings.
Here is my awesome Full, Fat and just ever so slightly heading into breaking up.

Volume: 3.00
Treble: 1.00
Mid: 1.00
Bass: 12.00
Presence: 10.00

I put the gain trim on clean, but heres the thing... I turn the trim all the way up. This means my clean sound is a little louder than the Hi/Lo settings but i rarely play clean a lot, so when i do i like it to be noticeable.
BTW i have 6L6 tubes and run on 45watts

Before the ED I would rarely play clean, but now I find I use it a fair bit.

With the volume up high (2:00 to 3:00) there is some great clean sustain to be had. Lower the volume and out comes all that wonderful sparkle.

My SRV clean tone is (think Lenny)

45watt mode
Volume 11:00
Presence 12:00
Bass 9:00
Mid 11:00
Treble 1:00

If the family is out and the master raised I'll back the treble down to taste.

45 watt mode
Volume at 2:30
Treble at 9:30
Mid at 10:00
Bass at 10:00
Presence at 1:00
Master at 11:00 with nova system in the loop and output dialed back.

Latest posts

Back