What amp is brightest ? ACE/STILETTO 1 OR 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONGO

Reaction score
What amp is less bright. I find the ace just to bright regardless of eq settings. Is the stiletto 1 less bright than 2 ? If so I am not into metal anyway so the gain would be enough for me. If the #2 is like the ace then no good as its the most unpleasent ear fatigue I have had on any amp.

Does anyone do any mods to make it better/fatter and less bright ?

Are you playing in a band situation or by yourself?

The Ace is a bright little ******* but it cuts through the mix perfectly and doesn't appear overly bright in this scenario. My combo is VERY directional.. moving to a different side of te cab helps tremendously... it also depends on what kind of guitar you're using... doesn't sound too bright at all with my LesPaul but if I don't dial the EQ properly, my PRS is super bright.

Band , studio etc...

I think the stiletto 2 would be less bright no ?

The ace was harsh with v30s better with c90's. The ace is good but overly sharp amp . Not fat thick and warm. More cutting, biting and in your face. I like the 34's in my lonestar much better. It has a warmth that the ace doesnt have but I wanted to understand the stiletto 1,2 compared to the ace.

MONGO said:
Band , studio etc...

I think the stiletto 2 would be less bright no ?

The ace was harsh with v30s better with c90's. The ace is good but overly sharp amp . Not fat thick and warm. More cutting, biting and in your face. I like the 34's in my lonestar much better. It has a warmth that the ace doesnt have but I wanted to understand the stiletto 1,2 compared to the ace.

The Ace is the same thing as a Stiletto Deuce stage 2 in the 50 W mode.

You really need to play with the bass/treble settings to find a happy medium, mine is super warm and thick if I want it to be and ultry sharp and peaky with a few dial changes. I don't think it will get as warm as a marshall so I don't know what you're comparing it to.

If you find the Ace too Bright then get a Rect-o-Verb! I find the Ace starts off where the Rect-o-verb leaves off. I have both and love both.

Back