What about running a Mark IV through a 2:90?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badguitarist

Reaction score
Since I cannot afford another Mark IV and I've got a 2:90 I'm thinking about running the Mark through the 2:90. How do you compare these two power sections? I've seen pics of JP having both Mark IV and 2:90 in the same rack but I'm not sure if he ever runs the IV through the 2:90.

badguitarist said:
Since I cannot afford another Mark IV and I've got a 2:90 I'm thinking about running the Mark through the 2:90. How do you compare these two power sections? I've seen pics of JP having both Mark IV and 2:90 in the same rack but I'm not sure if he ever runs the IV through the 2:90.

I used to have a Mark IV B short head. I never had a 2:90 but I think it is basically two Mark IV power sections. I think using the 2:90 would work well for running a w/d/w setup.

Remember if you run from the Mark IV effects loop out to the 2:90 (only want to go stereo instead of w/d/w/) you still have to connect some kind of load to the Mark IV power section.

Peace,

Bobby

Bobby Marshall said:
badguitarist said:

I used to have a Mark IV B short head. I never had a 2:90 but I think it is basically two Mark IV power sections. I think using the 2:90 would work well for running a w/d/w setup.

Remember if you run from the Mark IV effects loop out to the 2:90 (only want to go stereo instead of w/d/w/) you still have to connect some kind of load to the Mark IV power section.

Peace,

Bobby
Thanks mate. But running from the Mark fx loop out means I cannot use the graphic EQ doesn't it? I'm gonna use the Slave out when I get another cab. I've just got 1 right now so I can't try.

badguitarist said:
Bobby Marshall said:
badguitarist said:

Peace,

Bobby
Thanks mate. But running from the Mark fx loop out means I cannot use the graphic EQ doesn't it? I'm gonna use the Slave out when I get another cab. I've just got 1 right now so I can't try.

The slave may be better that the effects loop out, but I thought the slave out was before the EQ as well. I thought the Satellite amps they used to sell (basically a Mark IV power section only) had an EQ in them too.

You can always put a Boss GE-7 or similar Graphic EQ in between the preamp and power amp. Those who have non-EQ Mesa amps use this approach with good result, or so I have read.

Wish I could have been more help. Good luck.

Bobby

Bobby Marshall said:
badguitarist said:
Bobby Marshall said:

Peace,

Bobby

The slave may be better that the effects loop out, but I thought the slave out was before the EQ as well. I thought the Satellite amps they used to sell (basically a Mark IV power section only) had an EQ in them too.

You can always put a Boss GE-7 or similar Graphic EQ in between the preamp and power amp. Those who have non-EQ Mesa amps use this approach with good result, or so I have read.

Wish I could have been more help. Good luck.

Bobby

No, as the manual states, the slave out is derived from the speaker outs, which means it's the last thing in the signal chain of the amp. So the slave is basically the whole amp minus the speaker. The Satellites were used with a dedicated Satellite Out on the Mark IV's.

By the way, Badguitarist, I left you a long message in your thread over at the Petrucci Forums. Check it out! :wink:

Latest posts

Back