Well it is bye bye boogie on Mon..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
..I need everyone to keep her in their prayers. It's going a long way across the country on Monday to Dr.Mike. From MI. Yep..I think I went a little overkill on the packaging though. What can I say..she's 23 and I still pamper her. BTW..what is everyone's vote on who I should ship through..money is not the issue. Just quality. feds/ups/usps/dhl??

There is only a chasis in there/inside of bubbles/inside a box/inside bubbles&popcorn/inside another box.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1293176/byebyeboogie3.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1293176/byebyeboogie2.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1293176/byebyeboogie1.jpg

i only use Fed Ex and UPS due to their slightly superior communications of the tracking of the package. however, if something is broke, neither is that good at getting your insured value ... better than the post office.

I just got mine back from Mike Friday. It made the trip from Missouri to CA, and back just fine using UPS both ways. I don't worry as much about the shipping there, as I do the shipping back. If it gets hurt a little on the way there, it's in the perfect place for it to be!

I vote FedEx.
FWIW, nobody (USPS, FedEx, UPS) likes the plastic tape. The paper tape you wet to use is less likely to come off and is more tamper-proof. I once had a Post Office clerk remove all the plastic tape on a guitar box ("see how easy it comes off?") and replace it with the paper right in front of me! He was very cool about it, but I still felt kinda dumb...
Your double-boxing sounds secure enough to me.
If you're sending it to Mesa, do you have to send the tubes with the amp? Seems like they have plenty, for testing, at least.

wouldnt use fedex. heard some serious issues with their insurance jazz. my friend works at ups and i wouldnt let him touch anything i own, especially after his work stories. i guess that doesnt help...sorry

haha, you guys should see this box in person.
its so big.
its like there is a combo in it, only without all the weight.
unless it gets run over by a semi over and over, i think it'll be ok.
:lol:

unless it gets run over by a semi over and over, i think it'll be ok.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't use UPS then. They completly destroyed my Heartbreaker combo a couple of years ago.

It left my office in a box that was 38" high, and returned, in the same box, 20" high.

They royally F---ed it up.

I only use Fed Ex now. Haven't had any problems yet.

All of them offer insurance, but it's only a placebo. When you actually have to use it, you find out how worthless it really is.

MrMarkIII said:
I vote FedEx.
FWIW, nobody (USPS, FedEx, UPS) likes the plastic tape. The paper tape you wet to use is less likely to come off and is more tamper-proof. I once had a Post Office clerk remove all the plastic tape on a guitar box ("see how easy it comes off?") and replace it with the paper right in front of me! He was very cool about it, but I still felt kinda dumb...
Your double-boxing sounds secure enough to me.
If you're sending it to Mesa, do you have to send the tubes with the amp? Seems like they have plenty, for testing, at least.

Mike advised I leave the mullards at home..so no. But it went out today..and I insured it for $4000. Like Mike told me, be confident enough that you could throw it ten feet off your porch. He also said he would back me up for the $4000..but he knows I would rather have that amp back in one piece over the money. It is an all Oriinal. No mods. Fully loaded. I can't remember the last time I seen one on ebay. :cry:

Latest posts

Back