Well i got my C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
yeah.. it's a Really solid amp.. bright with a tight yet very big bottom end..i love both channels for what they do.. it had 3 tungstums pre amp's i switched around and took the other one's out and replace with new EH's.. now am getting a really heavy tone.i haven't got my 415's yet so i am going with a quad of New 420's.. . pretty dam nice.. the 105 i might put back in just needs some longer leader wires added.. haven't made my mind yet.. i am going to check plate voltage and stuff in the next couple of day's see how its running...

it's A Really nice amp what more can i say....

Thanks to Ed,Elpelotero,gts,disassembled,jvk and everyone else who helped me in getting this and working out about the transformer's..

Thanks Tom

****, how long until everybody on this forum has a C+? Seems like there is one of these threads every couple of days.

gts said:
tom's going to be up all night playing (or shall i say was ...).
we may not hear from him for days. who can blame him...

ps
platy knows this feeling as well.

:lol:

Enjoy Man !! Good to see there is another C+ in Newy, rock on mate. That Amp looked frikken sweet from the photos. I'm keen to hear how it goes.
Enjoy the tweaking and discovering. They really sound awesome live too, really cuts through the mix.
Here is my baby/s.
BoogieandBacchussmall.jpg

Philhouse said:
Enjoy Man !! Good to see there is another C+ in Newy, rock on mate. That Amp looked frikken sweet from the photos. I'm keen to hear how it goes.
Enjoy the tweaking and discovering. They really sound awesome live too, really cuts through the mix.
Here is my baby/s.
BoogieandBacchussmall.jpg

Your From newcastle?

Shep said:
yeah.. it's a Really solid amp.. bright with a tight yet very big bottom end..i love both channels for what they do.. it had 3 tungstums pre amp's i switched around and took the other one's out and replace with new EH's.. now am getting a really heavy tone.i haven't got my 415's yet so i am going with a quad of New 420's.. . pretty dam nice.. the 105 i might put back in just needs some longer leader wires added.. haven't made my mind yet.. i am going to check plate voltage and stuff in the next couple of day's see how its running...

it's A Really nice amp what more can i say....

Thanks to Ed,Elpelotero,gts,disassembled,jvk and everyone else who helped me in getting this and working out about the transformer's..

Thanks Tom

Your welcome guv.

congrats shep, it really is the best amp I've played too and I've had a lot of them because i'm a gear ***** :p

enjoy that DRGX you lucky ******* :D

Gut's

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/Shep730/

Well i open her up and had a look.. the power transformer looks to me to be a custom wound one.. it's Not selectable just hard wired 240Volt's.. the plate voltage is running 502 volt's which sounds like a 240 volt blue printed 105..

Also check out the RS on the power filter board..Randall Smith?

Shep said:
BB are there any mod's?

Everything looks dead stock, minus the PT. The plate load resistors are the earlier black style. It also has the middle period face plate where the EQ on is at the middle position and the EQ is lighter gray. It has the 22K series resistor for the master volume, so my bet is that the serial is after 13,200-13,300.

That plate voltage is a little stiff, but no worse than my SLO-100. All three of my 105's put 483V to the plates. At 503 volts, be careful when switching to class A. I think you may want to call Mike B. and ask him what would be the best way to lower it back to around 480. At 503 with the increase in voltage and bias rush to the outer sockets it may be a tube eater.

One mod I would do would be to connect pins 1 and 8 with some buss wire on the outer sockets like most normal EL-34's have.

She's a bute.

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back